Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deviantart bot

Options
  • 10-06-2005 11:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭

ok this is for whoever knows www.deviantart.com chatrooms, im tryin to make a bot but cant find any help on it... so if anyone could be soo kind? also can these bots b used in any other chatrooms?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Never used their chat service (Or website ;) ) but what exactly do you want hte bot to do? Do you want it to run off your computer? What operating system must it work on ? What exactly do you want hte bot to do ?

What languages are you familiar with ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭nude_hamster

at the moment i dont know, im goin to use this as my first say creation (mwu HA) no really...i will be runnin off my computer when im online, on win XP and i have been given this page for help but i cant make much sense of it http://moeffju.net/w/dAmn/moin.cgi/dAmn_2fClients_2fPHP_2fdoofsmack

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

damnyanks wrote:
    ...hte...

...hte...
    is this the new teh? teh hte the?! how very l33t.

Hamster -- are you sure it's even possible to create a client side bot for those chat rooms? Do you log-in with a java client on the webpage or can you use something like mIRC?

If it's mIRC then try googling for mirc scripting. (<-- or just click that link like a lazy sob).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

This may be quite difficult. Who writes the chatroom client software? Some places use wholely propietary systems, in which case you'll probably have to reverse-engineer it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

rsynnott wrote:
    reverse-engineer
    is there no better words :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement