Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Saw A Cheater!

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭thegloriousend

Relax, some of you guys have problems. I don't cheat but I don't really have anything against cheaters. If they pull it off - fair play. This is just a discussion and some of the stories are pretty good, if not even usefull.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭zeusnero

the problem is that for state exams a person who's cheating has to be caught on 2 separate occasions and by a different invigilator each time otherwise there is no case...and it really is too easy to cheat, a girl in my year doing her finals wrote answers all over her thighs before the exam, so it was impossible to be caught...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 whenthepawn

at one stage today while the superintendent had her head out the door for a sec a guy actually turned to someone behind him pointing at his exam paper asking him for an answer, blatant and funny

mobile phones have made it easy for people to cheat, and toilet breaks are a joke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Kenshi

astec123 wrote:
    Once a cheater always a cheater sort of thing, when the come to needing to learn a new skill they will be hopeless. Lots of things could happen that will give them the return for cheating.
    In fairness. No. I won't cheat in the Leaving but even if I did that doesn't mean I will cheat at everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭*marie*

I say let them off, if they want to live a lie let them. It's only when they take college places of people who actually work for points that I get annoyed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭bigmouth

People may get away with cheating for the Leaving, but just wait until they get to college and try the same stuff.

Completely different situation in my college. One guy actually took out a handful of notes from his pocket midway through the exam and sat there reading them. No offence to the invigilators but they are all elderly, and completely oblivious to the blatant cheating, but sure.... if that's how they want to get their degree. Personally I wouldn't be very proud of my degree if that's how I had achieved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Personnally i wouldnt care if i was earning big money off that degree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭imarugbyball

shay_562 wrote:
    Exactly. I don't get why some people see cheating as showing you have balls or 'real' brains or whatever...it's basically that you're too thick/lazy to have actually worked, so you're going to screw over someone else who actually did work to try and get into college. Cheating in house exams or tests in school is one thing - it's wrong, and it's cheap, but you're not actually hurting anyone. Every point you gain through cheating in the LC is taking points away from someone else ('cause of the Bell curve system) and in the end, could end up costing them a college place and screwing up a year of their life.

Some people have a higher IQ, more money and a sharper attention span or less stress or problems in their life, maybe they were brought up better.

Why should they automatically do better in life for that? resoucefulness, thinking outside the box, courage and a way to get a round a problem set down by the system to improve your life are all key skills that would makr someone out for sucess in any walk of life.

Also you could say that anyone who works exceptionally hard is a prick too becasue they are stealig our college places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

You've been waiting a year and a half to say that, yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

this is an amusing thread,

cheating is wrong but as long as the cheater isn't aiming for my course then it doesn't affect me personally...

so don't let it affect you personally.

i for one know plenty who have cheated in the JC and LC. When there's a toilet outside and the students have pants to sneak things in, what's to stop them?

that said some people are more obvious, someone sitting the Leaving last year took out a sheet with an english essay during his exam, and a french DICTIONARY no less during his french exam.

provide, provide!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

that said some people are more obvious, someone sitting the Leaving last year took out a sheet with an english essay during his exam, and a french DICTIONARY no less during his french exam.

I was an attendant during the LC last year. Loadsa people with dictionaries in blatant use and the dozy examiner didn't even notice. Maybe I should have done something about it:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

Steve01 wrote:
    I was an attendant during the LC last year. Loadsa people with dictionaries in blatant use and the dozy examiner didn't even notice. Maybe I should have done something about it:o

Was there only one examiner? How many students were there?

How the hell did this happen like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

I was an attendent last year and the examiners were strict enough. Although people can always cheat in the bathrooms. Nothing can stop that really

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Wow. Just wow.
    This thread is insane. . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Absolut

There were about 7 of us doing an exam on the very last day, in a large gym with the invigilator at the top and us about 20 metres away. We were allowed to talk and everything pretty much the whole way through. There wasn't any cheating going on, but if we wanted to it would have been pretty easy. It seemed like the invigilator had just gotten beyond worrying about cheaters.

Advertisement