Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liquid Damage to 6230

Options
  • 10-06-2005 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭

My mate when drunk dropped his phone into some liquid, possibly water/beer I dunno. This happened a while back now so I don't know if anything can be done about it, only found out now myself.
    Anyway he got a new phone and if I can salvage this one I can have it. The lcd appears to be dead though. The phone switches on but the screen is just white and remains white.
    Is there anything at all that can be done to salvage the phone at this stage or is not worthwhile trying to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

Well, try putting it in the airing cupboard.. If you've got any, put little sachets of silica gel (little pouches found in new shoes etc) on top of the phone and all around it to try soak up any moisture. I'd say all you need is a new screen by the sounds of it. Try going to 'the great mobile phone accesories shop' (or something like that) on Talbot street. opposite the Irish life shopping mall. They do water damage repairs, and I'd say they could sort yours out. Bargain them down, they'll drop the price. Actually, tell them Wez Tierney sent ya..

Advertisement