Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Voluntary Contribution

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭TalkISCheap

you, cryogenically-frozen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

HAving spoken to you about this previously, I'm going to guess...a kick in the scrote?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

well, applied to be an RA..................and it took them 4 WEEKS to reply (as well as 2 PHONE CALLS, and 3 trips to the CTYI office IN PERSON to "encourage" them to get a move on) at whic point, they informed me that "You have not been successful at this time"

Then a letter (TO MY PARENTS) drops in asking for a "voluntary contribution". well can you guess how much we decided to contrbiute voluntarily.?
    So you didnt give money to an organisation that showed you 5 years of good times because you didnt get the job?

ah yeah, i see your point. valid i'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

well, applied to be an RA..................and it took them 4 WEEKS to reply (as well as 2 PHONE CALLS, and 3 trips to the CTYI office IN PERSON to "encourage" them to get a move on) at whic point, they informed me that "You have not been successful at this time"

Then a letter (TO MY PARENTS) drops in asking for a "voluntary contribution". well can you guess how much we decided to contrbiute voluntarily.?

Imagine, "do i have the job????", "do i have the job????", "do i have the job????", "do i have the job????", "do i have the job????"

Hell, even if they were considering you, I'd say your actions put serious doubt upon your ability to act as a rational and responsible adult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Bazookatone

smiles wrote:
    Imagine, "do i have the job????", "do i have the job????", "do i have the job????", "do i have the job????", "do i have the job????"

Hell, even if they were considering you, I'd say your actions put serious doubt upon your ability to act as a rational and responsible adult.

Good for you. Everyone's entitled to their opinion. Here's mine. I am a rational and reasonable person, please give me some credit, I can ring up and ask politely without seeming neurotic. there is nothing wrong in touching base. Four weeks is a long time to wait, especially when one needs to look into getting another job. Whether people think 4 weeks is a reasonable waiting period is an argument in itself, and one I'm not going to get into. Frankly, I think it was laziness or bad orginisation on their part that it took them so long. I enjoyed my time at CTYI, but my experiences applying for a job have left a sour taste in my mouth. If you apply to be an RA, good luck to you, but I will warn you now that there is a history of people getting the short end of the stick from CTYI when working as an RA or TA, and to be wary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

she was an RA last year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

ColHol wrote:
    she was an RA last year
    Sssh, it's funny to watch him dig himself even deeper into his hole

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

You need to chill a bit over it.There's no promise of next day delivery or anything.I can understand you probably wanted to plan you summer but what you do there is instead of putting all your eggs in one basket, you organise other work or holidays for yourself after a week or two of waiting.If they get back to you with a job offer and you really want it, you'll make yourself available for it again.I wouldn't employ you if you rang me several times, then didnt take the hint and came to my office to ask again.Three times.And on those visits encouraged me to do my job better.If you can't figure out why you didn't get the job then you obviously cheated in the SATs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

"obviously"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Starbabe

Its getting ugly...
    Leave the guy alone will you! If i applied i'd be dying to know and probably wouldn't leave them alone. I'm sure more people than him rang up or called into the office to see. And i don't want any smart answers about my employability or intelligence, okay?

• Advertisement
Advertisement