Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Average cost of spraying a spoiler and wer to get paint?

Options
  • 11-06-2005 1:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭

Just wondering how much it costs to spray a spoiler. And do i have to get the matching paint off a msin dealer or could my local panel beater do it??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

Just wondering how much it costs to spray a spoiler. And do i have to get the matching paint off a msin dealer or could my local panel beater do it??

Local panel beater should be able to do once you have the code number off the colour paint on your car!
    Not exactly sure on the price though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Redrocket

if your paint is old or sun-bleached it may be a different shade to the manufacturers code, a good sprayer should be able to adjust the mix accordingly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭30-6shooter

Its a strange colour. Not black, but not navy. Its the standard peugeot paint, but i never seen any other cars in this colour and not many pugs in it either. Its not sun bleached,,, its metallic and its like new.

How do i get the paint code? Off peugeot??

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

If you have the touch up paint that came with the car, it may have the paint seriel number on it. I think also that the paint seriel no is printed somewhere on the car, have no idea where though. Maybe under the bonnet.

Peug dealer should be able to track it from the chassis number also.

Don't forget the spoiler will need primer before it is sprayed. Metalic/Pearl finish is more expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

This can be done really cheaply.
    either eye the colour off the motor factors shelf, or bring them in the petrol flap and they will mix you up a custom aerosol spray.
    put spoiler on ground and spray. attach to car after 24 hours, or until you stop smelling paint.
    Many people will say ya need to do this or to do that, I have done the above process many times with no problems.
    The paint does not have to be an exact a match as you think.
    As the spoiler edge forms a cheat line. (an angle change, where the paint reflects back colour differently anyway).
    You can Prime and roughen the surface to take the paint if you like.
    I have never had a problem just spraying the item with the colour though.
    Choose a dry day, use the spray outdoors not in a shed, and wet the ground before spraying to reduce dust.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭30-6shooter

Hey Stratos,,, i like the sound of that. Ill be trying that!! Anything to save a buck. :D The spoiler i want is E150 alone.
    A relatively close match will suffice anyways, as me car is usually covered in a 6inch layer of muck.
    How much did motor factors charge u for your paint? Sure you wouldnt need much for a spoiler would ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

www.carcraft.ie spary at €120 a panel maybe spoiler would cost less, actually im usre it would, try them

No problem let me know how it works out. One can of spray should be enough.
    I did 4 wheel arches, 4 coats, 15 minutes between sprays .
    Go easy with spray, sparingly is the way.
    8 light coats over 2 hours is better than runs.

just found the receipt, cost of spray 1 aerosol 3 Euro's !

Advertisement