Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music

Options
  • 11-06-2005 1:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭

Does anyone know what will come up? What will be the main one:Bach/Tchaikovsky/Barry/Queen? I'm learning all cos they all come up :( The composing paper last year was a real stinger what about this year?(i'm doing backing chords and melody writing). And can you call any kind of accordian/concertina etc a "box"? :confused:

P.S. You know the music course is f***ed up when your favourite piece of music is "Piano Quartet No.1" by Gerald Barry.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

lol, love that piece! Im f^cked though, aint even seen a past paper for music before-on the bright side, i have 8 days to study for it,though!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭OTliddy

I've also never seen a paper, i jus heard about last years. Is it some scheme the teachers use for a dark and immusical purpose?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Murv

i have a feeling that the composition will be in a minor key this year. not sure why. other than that... my teacher said part c of barry was tipped to come up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭rosa

Murv wrote:
    i have a feeling that the composition will be in a minor key this year. not sure why. other than that... my teacher said part c of barry was tipped to come up.

When I was at a music revision course, they went over the minor 16 bar melody in a good bit of detail so that could be a hint. I doubt they'll give us a minor backingchord question though since it came up last year.

My Music teacher is adament that, for the main question, Bach will come up. If not, and this is improbable, then Tchaikovsky.
    It would be safe to just concentrate on these, as Queen or Gerald Barry will NOT come up as the main question, for the simple reason that they are modern, and modern pieces are never put on. You could still get away with an A is you screwed up the other three, non-main questions. They are only 10 marks each which, when divided with the practical and composition paper, are only worth 2.5% of the overall exam, which, to put it bluntly, is ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭rosa

and modern pieces are never put on. QUOTE]

But last year didn't the Beatles come up as the long question?

I don't know. Did it? Damn lying music teacher. I doubt they would put on a modern piece though. If you look at the years that our specific course was on, there was either Bach or Tchaikovsky.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

hmm. I was told by my teacher that Barry was most likely for big question, and queen was least likely. Anyone have any ideas what we should concentrate on for the irish essay? As for papers, look at http://www.examinations.ie and you'll find them

Advertisement