Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NOOOOO!!! my iriver just crashed

• 11-06-2005 6:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭

my iriver h140 which i purchased last christmas just crashed, i was just listening to it randomly in bed, used the remote to switch song in my root folder and then it crashed, at first i thought it was just the remote so i unplugged it, but the main screen/machine was still frozen, when i plug the remote back in, i just get an illuminated blank screen :(
    none of the buttons on the main machine/remote have any effect, and the hard-drive has a pretty loud continuous noise running(similar to when you update your DB)

it hasnt has any big knocks or falls, especially not recently as ive been in bed.

any suggestions ???

i have 1500+ songs, mpegs, games and pics on it that i really would hate to lose :(

edit: nevermind, i managed to reset it, and now its back to normal, phew!!
    this can be trashed or whatever....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Well for my Phillips mp3 player, you hol the + Volume and the track advance button together and it reboots the device. Read the manual and see is there some thing similar.

John

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

if still within irivers warranty which i think is 2 years then either try a reset (should b a button) or else get it sent back to them,they do a replacement warrenty. not repair. ull lose ur music but get a new model provided all goes well of course

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

my H320 has a reset button, so i assume that that your machine should be similar

Advertisement