Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is bf the new cs?

Options
  • 11-06-2005 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭

This looks Da-shít (if you pardon my French)
    Game is amazing, I can see this going for years :)

Is bf2 going to be bigger than cs (in the long run) ? 32 votes

Yes !!
    0%
    No !!
    40%
    NietzscheanDingatronArphaRimaSubcPonsterVendettaTheHairyFairyShinyThE_IVIAcIVIAIVGone Westyawnblahkjt 13 votes
    Maybe... Just possible.. I dont know ??
    59%
    PugsleyStokolancuppadreginJimjonskiandrew163T-b0n3FobiaBloodBathBig NellyDeviousSmellyirishmanfightin irishCiaran500DrapperkinkstrCSSource GodEndurance Man 19 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Voted no. IMO BF requires more skill and offers a lot more. It may not attract the player base that CS does, but it still draws people in thier masses.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

No !!
    I voted yes. There is not alot of games that get my attention really. I've played cs for the past 4/5/6years... and it is basically the only game I play.
    After playing 2hours of this last night I can really see myself finally playing another game apart from cs. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

It can't really be compared to cs but I know what you mean. It's a great game. I don't see it still being widely played 5 years down the line or pulling the amount of people cs did so I voted no. Cs offers something this doesn't and visa versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

CS and BF are two completely different games.
    I wouldn't want BF to be the new CS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭fightin irish

I think BF2 has the edge because the whole game is completley focused around immaculate teamwork. I always found cs a bit of a lone ranger game. Maybe im wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

It could possibly catch up numbers wise but they are different games..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Is toast the new orange? about as relavent, both are foods :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

No !!
    Pugsley wrote:
    Is toast the new orange? about as relavent, both are foods :rolleyes:
    Your special!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

I think BF2 has the edge because the whole game is completley focused around immaculate teamwork. I always found cs a bit of a lone ranger game. Maybe im wrong.

You are wrong ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

I voted no.

There is not much silimarity between the 2 only way you can see a little bit of cs is in your own squad in BF2 ie 6 members on a team using teamwork to complete an objective

In drawing the numbers that cs did maybe, but doubtfull. as cs ran on almost any pc and on a small onnection, where as with BF2 to get the most u need a decent machine and a decent connecition. which means more money to be spent! granted id spend the money but how many parents would buy there kids new pc's and a broadband connection (if available) to let them play?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭fightin irish

BloodBath wrote:
    You are wrong ;)

explanation please ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Played alot of BF1942, BFV and now BF2....also a regular on CS;Source, DoD, CoD and so on......I said no......reason is that all those games listed above offers something different.....CS:Source and DoD are more similiar......same sort of games where you really have to be good with your gun to survive.......the BF series is more of hand to hand combat but the main part of BF is the equipment you can use...e.g. tanks, planes and so on......this puts a totally different slant on the game....it more to do with how you use your tanks and so on best to defeat the oppossion......Cod is moving more towards BF now after starting out more like CS

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

BF2 delivers better what I wanted from CS.
    That's my feelings on it 0_o, I don't intend to make sweeping statements :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

No !!
    actually i've noticed that despite what people feared infantry are now the primary unit in bf2, a squad setup right will be able to take out most kinds of attack -- which is class, though from what i've seen so far a heli with just a pilot is rather crap..... --- planes are cool though..

imo its a level of team work i don't think i've seen in an online game before, just spent the last hour moving around with a squad on the tig sever, twas class, we'd medic's n supply people to help ye out and so on...... should lead to some amazing games once people(me included) actually get good.

Me and and a few of the NRG guys put together a squad last nite on TIG server and we where flying.....capping flags and taking out the commanders artillary.....was working a treat.....ended up on top at end of map for US.......best way to work......if you work as a squad is handy......we where just picking off people running around with no backup!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Did the same with two other guys from our clan , only thing is , I would like to change my nick to contain my tag , can I do this without creating a new a/c ?

jonski wrote:
    Did the same with two other guys from our clan , only thing is , I would like to change my nick to contain my tag , can I do this without creating a new a/c ?

Well I had the same problem and I just deleted and recreated the account with the (NRG) tags in front....not sure if anyone else knows a way around....I found that the easiest way to do it.....

Advertisement