Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regional Geography??

• 11-06-2005 2:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭

Question for Regional, I am learning

* Regional Division Of Spain
    * The Med as a distinct region
    * Role of sea in Norway
    * Core and periphary - Europe
    * Rural underdeveloped region
    * Problem Region in thecCore

Is that enough I also have notes on France should I study them as well?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

ur way prepared! :eek:
    all that extra useless information. My friend is banking on France, i don't recommend it. meh hard to say if it'll be up. personally role of sea and italy i'd vouch for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 love_the_chocol

Hey,
    Was listening to 2fm last night with this big geography professorie man talkin bout the paper
    He said that scandanavia as a distinctive region aint coming up definately, and seen as that and med as a distinctive region always come up together, suggest not learnin that.
    Definately go over regional division of spain.
    Im guessing here but last years paper had core/periphery and regional division, the year b4 that it was only core/periphery, so if anything is sure to come up, its a regional division
    Im learning role of the sea, spain, italy(aint been mentioned since 2002) and norway
    Wouldnt suggest going over france, came up last year, italy all the way
    Hope that helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭vote4pedro

I'll be covered for:

Role of Sea in one country,
    Divide a country into 3 regions (France or Spain should come up),
    Nat Resources in one country,
    2 characteristics of a Core region, 2 of a peripheral and 2 ways of helping a peripheral.

Should be fairly safe but I'll still be sh*tting myself before turning over the paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭sarahg_angel69

im learning italy and ill look over spain but that is it!!!!
    last year of the course...regional division is a dead cert (i hope!!!)!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

I heard that Spain Italy, and Norway were the three most likely....me's doing Spain anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Learning Spain and France, but i can waffle my way through anything if they dont come up. Come on A...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 shelleEire

im learning regional division of Italy... and role of sea and tourism in2 countries. wat about Spain? how would you regionally divide that?? Geog is so hard, nearly all my class fail it in the mocks, do they mark it soo hard or is it just me?!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 jdevlin

Im just doing italy as a region/core periphery and france just for core periphery.On a different matter how long are you gonna spend on your fieldwork. i think i can do it in 40 mins to give myself more time 4 physical. wat do you think?

ya sure.. 40 mins shud be enuf. aim for 40 mins and if u need a few minutes extra to finished off you still wont be under pressure. are u gona do that one 1st wen u go into the exam? its supposed to be 50 mins for each question isnt it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 jdevlin

yeah 40 mins per question. In my mocks i spent about 25 on the mapwork thinkin it was easy but thats were i fell down. Got a c1 was hoping for a b1 but my expectations are falling fast,maybe a b3?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

shelleEire wrote:
    im learning regional division of Italy... and role of sea and tourism in2 countries. wat about Spain? how would you regionally divide that?? Geog is so hard, nearly all my class fail it in the mocks, do they mark it soo hard or is it just me?!!

Got a B3 in the mocks with no study, didn't even attempt fieldwork, Geography isn't hard, if you're good at english you can almost bluff your way through the entire paper!

I'll be learning Role of the sea to Norway and Regional divisions for Italy. I'dd say one of them must come up.

And of course fieldwork, make sure you do that, easy 25% of marks!!

im ashamed to say i got a miserable 37% in the mocks. i cudnt answer the regional at the time.. we were told role of the sea wud cum up n thats all i learned n it didnt come up. i hope that Italy reg div comes up n norway natural resourses too, i agree. how much do u have to write does anyone no? is two and a half pages enuf or do u have to write 3 or 4? im so dreading it, dont wana fail it like in the pre. i taut i did really well in the map work but didnt... its so hard to no wit that question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

im only learning divison of italy and france didnt know either for the pre's so i just bluffed through a tourism question got like 38 marks for the question but still managaged to pass with the help of the feild work. what questions are everybody doing? im doing areil photo feild work divison and of course the map id be happy out with a d1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

I'm not banking on the Regional question at all. I'm focusing all my energy on Physical, field work, map. If any of the divide a country into regions questions come up on France, Italy or Norway I'll be more than happy. I'm sure I could waffle on about Core/Periphary as well. I got 55% in the mocks and I didn't bother with the Physical question, I also screwed up the field work by not answering the question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭the smiley one

Can you say that HEP is a natural resource in Norway

And, can HEP be used as a role of the sea in Norway as well? (water cycle and all that...)

thanks!

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Shinny-dee

im leavin out core periphery doin reg div of italy france n spain, physical: rivers, sea , glaciation fieldwork n map!!!A1 all d way just learn lots of fancy terms for map n they'll throw d points at you, ya can make up stuff for fieldwork cos they all different!!think HEP only on rivers its tidal power thats on the sea. i thnk i haven done anythin on those countries!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭vote4pedro

Can you say that HEP is a natural resource in Norway

And, can HEP be used as a role of the sea in Norway as well? (water cycle and all that...)

thanks!

HEP can be used as natural resource, but not for Role of the Sea. Best ones to use for Role of Sea are: Oil & Gas deposits, Fishing, Sea Transport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

i really really need as much notes/answers to:

physical geo: the sea

please help me, if i was married, and a woman, i would call myself a desperate housewife!!!

ps. please!! :eek:

go to www.skool.ie for notes on coasts n anything else u need. there good. coasts in almost dead set to cum up. i hope it does anyway!!!!!!! good luck!

about H.E.P.. i wudnt use that in role of the sea either. it can be used in the natural resourses for Norway?? ya?! tink so. ohhhh.. does ANYBODY KNOW ... if your asked about a Western European country.. does that include Denmark , norway ,sweden n that too or wat?? n if your asked to divide a country up into regional.. italy for example.. wud u write about it under, primary sec, tertiary or WAT?! hope its not too late to be asking these questions!?

• Advertisement

thanks, i already have the notes off skool.ie but i just wanted to get a form of answer from a student because i prefer it over a website for some reason, its more realistic if you know whaat i mean?! :)

its never too late, unfortunatly i dont have the answers to your questions! sorry :o

i know what u mean about reading it off a website, iv crap notes on the geog really i wish i knew more!!....pain in the ass. good luck in the exam. tomorow id imagine will be national geography day for the students of ireland!!! crammin in!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭*Roisin*

Ok for regional Geography our teacher covered

Regional Divisions
    France
    Spain
    Italy

Core & Periphery
    Case Studies

Now so far i haven't learned any of the core and periphery or case studies. Trying to limit what I can get done today.....d'ya think I can get away with just learning my countries really well? Everyone seems totally convinced it's coming up. Pretty big gamble I know, but it's damage limitation at this point. In my cousins school they didn't do anything other than regional divisions cos their teacher seems POSITIVE it's coming up. She went to a grind school revision course as well and that teacher was 100% certain it would come up as well.

Do everybody know something I don't?

so, for role of the sea in Norway would fishing and oil & gas be enough? I caould write maybe 5 pages on them in all - too little (my writing is big)?

thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Finch*

ok so lets say i have done nothing for regional geography so far (hypothetical situation of course=] ). what one thing should i be learning for regional geography?

hotly tipped - Italy regional division

*get out clause* do not come and knee-capp me if it doesnt come up///

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Da_IRISH_ONE4U

shelleEire wrote:
    im ashamed to say i got a miserable 37% in the mocks.

You did better than me! I got 31% :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Finch*

hotly tipped - Italy regional division

*get out clause* do not come and knee-capp me if it doesnt come up///

so what its like divide it into 2 or more regions and justify it or what?

• Advertisement

Finch* wrote:
    so what its like divide it into 2 or more regions and justify it or what?

yep divide into 2/3 regions depending on question and then under the region, divide into two major headings

Advertisement