Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regional Geography??

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

no exaggeration - have of my class are BANKING on italy, no back-up.

including me. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

yep divide into 2/3 regions depending on question and then under the region, divide into two major headings

:)

and them two major headings would be?

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭*Roisin*

If regional division of Italy doesn't come up, I am actually gonna have to repeat.

Pleeeeeease let it come up, I want to get to college goddamit it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Da_IRISH_ONE4U

Quick question, for fieldwork what geographical skills can you develop??
    what are geographical skills

was on a revision course there a while back. he said a few but the only one o can remember and have used since is "my ability to measure"

sorry fortinbras i don't do fieldwork!!

Stuck with physical and photo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭the smiley one

and them two major headings would be?

right well varies from person to person. They could be physical and industry (I'm doing physical/agriculture and secondary/tertiary industry)
    all depends...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

is it not under 3 headings?

like : primary/secondary/tertiary?

That's how we did it too.

We learned it under Relief, Agriculture, Industry, Tourism.
    Mainly gonna use the last three but we learned relief because we were gonna need it for the Core and Periphery case studies anyway.

My friends made a scary prediction that they're going to be horrible to us this year, because the paper was so nice last year, and because it's the last year of the course. She thinks it won't be Italy, and that they're wont be much choice for physical.

So, who thinks it's gonna be easier because of it being the last year, or who thinks it's gonna be harder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Fortinbras'

My friends made a scary prediction that they're going to be horrible to us this year, because the paper was so nice last year, and because it's the last year of the course. She thinks it won't be Italy, and that they're wont be much choice for physical.

So, who thinks it's gonna be easier because of it being the last year, or who thinks it's gonna be harder?

I have no idea just hope regional division of spain/core and periphary/sea in norway/2 countries/med as a distinct region comes up,

do ya think they will?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

so, for role of the sea in Norway would fishing and oil & gas be enough? I caould write maybe 5 pages on them in all - too little (my writing is big)?

thanks again

You can put HEP in under role of the sea, but don't talk loads about it; just put it in as a small thing.
    Yep, fishing, oil, and gas would be good and you could also talk about them developing new fishing vessels, eg how the sea has helped their manufacturing industry, and also how it has helped the country economically.
    A lot of the time the question is about that kinda thing anyway.

This is freaking me out cos I have NO idea what ye're talking about.

Our teacher just divided Italy France and Spain into regions. Then did CRP, and the few case studies.

Am I ****ed?

I have one question.

Lots of my friends are dividing countries like France and are then justifiying these divisions on things like; Climate, Relief and Soils, and Industry.

Is it acceptable to divide a country and then justify it under one heading, like Climate for example?

I don't know.

We were told if we had to divide a country into two regions, then we pick two regions and speak about the each under three headings. If we are asked to divide a country into three regions to pick three regions and speak about each under two headings.

We learned all under 4 headings: Relief, Agriculture, Industry and Tourism

I have one question.

Lots of my friends are dividing countries like France and are then justifiying these divisions on things like; Climate, Relief and Soils, and Industry.

Is it acceptable to divide a country and then justify it under one heading, like Climate for example?

no

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Is anyone drawing a map for each individual region or are you just drawing a map for the country showing the regions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Shinny-dee

map of country and main regions(include ones u not studyin) and some main physical features e.g f ur doin france put a main river like in nord the escargot os aomethin cos it drains d area (dat only f ur dividin em under relief) f ur not just draw d country and all regions i think theres 6 for france,italy four an three for spain

We were told to only include the regions we're actually using in the exam in the sketch. Like if it's a question where you divide it into two regions, just draw the three, if it's one where you divide it into three, only draw three.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Fortinbras'

*Roisin* wrote:
    We were told to only include the regions we're actually using in the exam. Like if it's a question where you divide it into two regions, just draw the three, if it's one where you divide it into three, only draw three.

yeah that will get u full marks, you get ten marks for a sketch]

1 mark for a rough outline of a country
    2 marks for 3 regions marked in correctly
    1 mark for 3 regions named correctly

(bag of piss)

• Advertisement

In our mock, Italy came up. One guy drew the outline of italy as a boot, and the island of Sicily as a football. But because he divided it into the regions correctly, the corrector had to give him full marks. The corrector was FUMING and wrote beside the map "what the ****?!" So funny. Still full marks tho.

Advertisement