Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acer Laptop??

Options
  • 11-06-2005 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭

Hey I Loookin to hook myself up with a laptop for college and i beenj looking at The ACER 5000 series. My budget is only 1500euro, anyone know anything bout it or have any other suggestions for me? Thank wu!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

You might get a beter response in the Laptop forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

yeah cheers did that too, was just trying to cover all my bases

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭SolarNexus

cant find a similar thread in the laptop forum so I'll be posting here:

I'm using an Acer laptop atm and its pretty good, in fact at the time it was the best value for money anywhere; whether thats still the case, I dont know.

Something to know is that they're chassis' arent made perfectly. They have fixed that somewhat since my first purchase though.

As functional computers they're perfect, I'm sure better than any Dell or similar equivilent. Just make sure you get yourself a centrino - a laptop without a centrino cpu these days is like a computer without a monitor, basically useless.

EDIT:
    personally, I prefer the 8000 series.

Advertisement