Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cleaning Leather Upholstery

Options
  • 11-06-2005 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Time has come to clean the interior of the car. It's has grey leather seats in it. What's the best way of bringing these back to pristine condition?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Back in the days when I had leather seats in my car, I used saddle soap (you get it in horsey shops) and a really soft, natural spongue.

Create a lather using little water and wipe them down with it. You'll be amazed at the gunk that comes off them. Let dry and buff with a soft cloth ...as good as new!

Also very good for bikers' leather outfits and general leather products (jackets and even sofas)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭mondeoman

hi m8,
    i use 'AUTO GLYM' Leather Cleaner spray then Leather Cream care on my seats and it does a good job & smells quite nice too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

yeah auto glym is amazing,used it yesterday and it 9.99 in auto shop in bray and is well worth it.

i will try the Leather Cream to see the effect hope its good. but auto glym is like the ferrari of cleaning accesories

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭mondeoman

yeah the cream replaces any natural oils back into the leather & softens it up a bit & did i metion it smell nice too :rolleyes:

Advertisement