Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Installing new hard-Drive

• 11-06-2005 3:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭

Hey, I have a new hard-drive here that I want to install Xp on and put it into my machine, But since my machine already has XP on it is this still; possible? Must I set the jumper on the new hard-drive to master? Thanks for any help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

Yes basically . Your new HDD has to be the master & the bios set to boot from it or a cd or floppy before it. Install you new drive as master on the primary IDE,boot from your windows disk & you should get the option where to install windows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭DamienH

Thanks for the help... I'm just wondering now if it is able to totally format a drive. would I be able to do this without having another machine or do I need to have 1?

Advertisement