Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hows BF2 running for everyone?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

console.showfps.1

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

lol who's not happy with it?
    (apart from shiny :( )
    I'm very happy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Just been playing for last hour there on the TIG server (very nice server too) and getting more impressed by the game (though still peeved off about how many hits its takes to kill). Like to give thanks to BattlefieldGhost for his great tour of the map :p which involved parachuting off high buildings and climbing a big ass crane (which for sum reason never noticed before)!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

kjt wrote:
    lol who's not happy with it?
    (apart from shiny :( )
    I'm very happy :)

I am happy with the game, have been playing it
    on the roomates pc.:)

Just annoying that it isn't working on mine.:mad:

Cant wait for the full release!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Ramses

Shiny's roommate here.

2500 Barton
    1 gig 3200 ram
    9600 se

runs sweet at 1024x768 at high quality so I'm happy.
    can't wait for full game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Pongo

p4 2.6gig
    2 gig ram
    x800 pro

Getting problems similar to shiny, i.e. freezing up in multiplayer menu, but found that alt tabbing a couple of times sorts it out strangely enough...
    In game running everthing at high, no problems, looks sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Haven't played vietnam in bout a year, last time i played a battlefield game. This game feels nothing like it at all, major improvements all round imho cept for people not dying easier.

Same with myself, I emptied a whole clip of a handgun into some guy and he was still going :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

You probably missed ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭dieselfreak

Running sweet....
    1280 x 960

AMD64 3500+ @ 2.4Ghz
    Gainward 6800GT Golden Sample @ 412/1112 (fu** u ultra)
    2Gb DDR400
    MSI Neo2 Platinum
    2x 120Gb Samsung SATA in RAID0 + 1x 200Gb maxtor ATA133 for pagefile etc

Awaiting my new Zalman Reserator1+ from Scan.co.uk with the new water block for the 6800 series.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

It's good fun. Just dug out my joystick for the planes.
    Shame you can't pratice flying offline.

Been a few muppets on the TiG server but they get kicked if you don't forgive them.
    One muppet was in the carriers anti-air turret and killing everyone who spawned there :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

KdjaC wrote:
    console.showfps.1

kdjac

Thank You!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Once we get the remote admin sorted properly we should always have an admin or two around who can get rid of any of the tards. :)

http://www.bf2cc.com/

3rd paty server tool.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭hairball

well it's running fine for about 5 mins then I get a nice shiny blue screen
    tbh, I may be pushing my hardware a little...got a 3.4 ghz P4, inspiron 9100, gig of 400 mhz ram, and a 256 meg mobility 9800...trying to run it with everything up full at 1024* 768

I've crashed out when putting my graphics up. Turn them all down a notch and give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Running sweet:-

P4 3.0 OC to P4 3.6
    Geforce 6600GT OC
    1gb RAM
    1024x768

All on full blast ! Few crashs but not the hardware just dodgy heli's!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Running fine on my:

AMD64 3000
    1gb pc3200 corsair ram
    256 X800pro
    all setting maxed, 4X AA, 1024x768

So far im very happy with the game too, its quite difficult, flying helis/planes is a bitch, and killing ppl is alot harder, but i assume its to keep up with the 'realism' feel it has, to kinda show that killing someone wearing body armour might not be as easy as it is on TV. And tbh if you could jump into a black hawk and tear off kickin ass just like in BFV everyone would be complaining that nothing has changed at all, so im welcoming the change, itll be a challenge to learn to chopper whore again like we used to in bfv.

Shooting pilots is possible with a sniper rifle , had to be most satisfying kill of all time.

A matrix zoom in on the bullet type mode as it entered his eye socket would be cool tho for bf3.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

2Ghz P4,
    768RD-RAM
    GeForce 4 Ti 4200

It doesn't work :( Doesn't even go into the game. I need a new graphics card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

running very well on my system with mid settings, only had one problem so far , it locked up when i left a game yesterday but thats it.

2500 barton
    1 gig
    9800 pro
    1024 x 768

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

KdjaC wrote:
    Shooting pilots is possible with a sniper rifle , had to be most satisfying kill of all time.

A matrix zoom in on the bullet type mode as it entered his eye socket would be cool tho for bf3.

kdjac

While i was on a recon mission in the enemy base, i shot a pilot in the head (twice with zoomed in m24) as he was taking off but he was grand and just flew away!!

An no i didn't miss as i was less than a few yards away, plus i got a kill assist when some1 shot the heli down and couple mins later!!!
    Managed to snipe someone out a of a moving buggy from the roof of one of the tall buildings which was sweet, though just have to get used to it i suppose.

winters..what system you running and have you crashed out to a blue screen??

atm im on AthlonXP 2200+, 768mb Ram, 9800 ... never blue screened but its ctd'd a few times when I run it on medium, keeping it on low atm.

Though Azereus is being a ram hog at the moment so I might turn that off.

Winters wrote:

Though Azereus is being a ram hog at the moment so I might turn that off.

Java uses 30% of my ram (1.5gb) no way would i have it on when playing games causes CPu spikes too , thats an overnight program.

kdjac

cheers man, was just wondering if people had had a similar problem....looking like medium settings for me too, bit of a bummer, but still a great game...wonder if its just the demo being buggy or is this what we can expect from the full release?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

You probably missed ;)

I never miss :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

1 gig seems to be the sweet spot for this game.

ive got an
    xp2000+
    256mb pc 2700 :(
    msi fx5900xt

should my sys run the game if i was to up the ram to about a gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

You'll be able to run it on low definitely. After an accident with my X800pro I had to revert back to a gf fx5900xt, got a gig of ram and a p4 3.4ghz in there. All settings to low though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭fightin irish

im runnin a 2.8 ghz, 1.5 gig ram and a geforce 5600 ultra, I have it set to low but im tweaking a few settings to medium, Hve a gt6800 in the pipeline, Cant wait to see it on high specs. Oh and im runnin it on 1024 x 768 60mhz.

Im startin to love the commander role, the impotance of artillery is really startin to show already. Oh and nice to see TiGgers startin to hunt in packs as usual, i turned a corner and met about six of you's lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭CSSource God

Looks like a great game but for me the demo has more bugs than the Congo. :)

Advertisement