Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hows BF2 running for everyone?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭CSSource God

I keep getting kicked by punkbuster saying my system 32 tray is empty or something. Get to play for about 10mins before i get kicked anyone help?? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Umm this game is sweet

Here's a nice up close kill

close.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Can just about play it with everything on low. Centrino 1.7. 1Gb ram. Mobility 9600. Was ok as long as all the settings were low. Handle=petes25. Will have another go at lunch and after work. Was only playing it for about an hor yesterday. Went boozing instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

kjt wrote:
    Umm this game is sweet

Here's a nice up close kill

close.JPG

X the head for €50 ! jasus we could have great fun with this one !!lol

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭hairball

well not as interesting as the previous pic, but this is how it looks at 1024*768,
    everything up full on my :
    Inspiron 9100
    3.4 ghz
    1024 ddr ram
    mobility 9800

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

bf27xq.jpg
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

renderer.drawFps 1

in console for fps.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

whats everone getting fps wise?

im only getting 25-30 on med detail 1024@768 res 2x AA

pc
    2600xp
    1 gig pc2700 ram
    9800pro 128meg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

plays perfect on mine at high detail

specs:
    XP 2800+
    1 gig ddr 3200
    x800se (5.6 drivers)
    winxp pro

between 35-50 on my above mentioned spec at 1024*768 all settings high, 6x aa

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Im startin to love the commander role, the impotance of artillery is really startin to show already. Oh and nice to see TiGgers startin to hunt in packs as usual, i turned a corner and met about six of you's lol.

Came to the same bloody end as well!!! was running around and next thing about 5 people firing on me......tried to leg it but no use........ still if you get them in the right place artillary is the answer.......BOOM :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Running fine for me on medium settings, and it looks like a slightly spiffier version of 'Nam.

My machine:

P4 2.6
    9800 pro
    1 gig of ram
    WinXP home

The ragdoll-esque effects when you kill someone is a nice touch, makes you feel even better about gunning someone down.
    The assists and whatnot are a great addition, helps promote teamwork.

Not entierly sure about the squad system, but then i've been only playing offline, so maybe it works better with real people.

Excalibur Radeon 9800PRO
    1Gig PC3200 memory
    Athlon XP 2800+
    Asus A7n8x Delus athlon XP motherboard
    120GB SATA

Runs fine.....after first few times the load time is finally quicker than BFV sometimes loads up......havent had any probs with lag or anything yet but was kicked 2-3 times off tigs server yesterday with connection probs....was server issue!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

First off, my system spec:
    P4 2.8 800mhz fsb
    1 gig 3200 OCZ ram
    128mb 9800 pro (artic cooler)

Logging into my account can take ages, sometimes locking my pc.
    Loading the game takes so long.
    I can only set my graphics to 1024x568, all medium detail and 2xaa.
    Anything above this and the game is unplayable. The menu on BF2 is laughable.
    Tbh, the game is pissing me off. I know its only a demo but surely I should get a bit more from the game with my spec.
    I can see this game causing mass pc upgrades accross the continents.

Loobz wrote:
    P4 2.8 800mhz fsb
    1 gig 3200 OCZ ram

Tbh, the game is pissing me off. I know its only a demo but surely I should get a bit more from the game with my spec.

Nah feck it as long as its playable Ill get it. Anywho cant afford a new machine. Must see if work will by me an xps gen 2. Its for work honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Loobz wrote:
    P4 2.8 800mhz fsb
    1 gig 3200 OCZ ram

do you think there is a conspiracy? lol

Loobz wrote:

Well I was the first to think that I would have major problems running with my system....was ready to buy another gig of memory when I first try to connect to a server but was online for about 4 hrs last nite non stop on TIG server and I had no probs.....load up times where sweet....better than I have every had with BFV which still take ages sometimes......graphics are great.....maybe would look a little bit better if I had a bigger card but the 9800pro was the best buy I have ever made.....plays the game no probs!!! will be another year before I will need a major overhaul I think!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Locutus

Hmmm. This is a great game (love to scoot on the speedboat up the river to the hill over the MEC base blowing up MiG's with the a/t rocket launcher as soon as the enemy gets into them, love sailing a bmp to the aircraft carrier and then blowing up the F whatevers on the deck)

However, I can only run this on "low" res - I have a P4 3.0 ghz 128mb Nvidcia card with 1 gig of RAM???????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Joeface

am I the first to say this ..but I dont like it,

Im huge fan for 1942 mod DC and of Battlefield Vietnam... but after playing the demo I just cant get in to it

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭MR DAZ

Slightly off topic.....

But check out Deadwings screen shot....of the tank ..now look @ the top right corner....YES its santa and his sleigh passing over the building :D

• Advertisement

Joeface wrote:
    am I the first to say this ..but I dont like it,

Im huge fan for 1942 mod DC and of Battlefield Vietnam... but after playing the demo I just cant get in to it

stone the blasphemer!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭MrShadow

Locutus wrote:

However, I can only run this on "low" res - I have a P4 3.0 ghz 128mb Nvidcia card with 1 gig of RAM???????

but what nvidia card is it?

a 5200 fx?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Sesshoumaru

I am running it on a 3.6ghz P4, 1 gig ram and a 256meg ATI x850 graphics card. No problems so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

3.09 p4, 1gig pc3200, 9800pro

1024x768@85, all settings bar special effects on low , special effects on high

single player with 32 bots, fps ranges between 100 and 35 (when theres loads happening), but even at 35fps the mouse doesn't slow down or drag like it would other games and theres no stuttering sound (medium quality) and it still seems pretty smooth at 35fps

so im pretty happy with how its running, it'll tide me over till i get a 6800gt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Locutus

Its a GeForce FX 5200 - no idea if that's any good or not

it's a pretty poor chip, tbh if my 9800pro can only manage 35 on low settings than i wouldn't hold out too much hope for a 5200

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

3.09 p4, 1gig pc3200, 9800pro

1024x768@85, all settings bar special effects on low , special effects on high

single player with 32 bots, fps ranges between 100 and 35 (when theres loads happening), but even at 35fps the mouse doesn't slow down or drag like it would other games and theres no stuttering sound (medium quality) and it still seems pretty smooth at 35fps

so im pretty happy with how its running, it'll tide me over till i get a 6800gt

it seems to be processor more than anything... if ya see my post on DCully thread on FPS i run nearly everything on high with the same to higher fps even though you have 512 more ram than me and better (though not by much) graphics card! seems bit strange to me thats all.

yeah mine is a 2.8 p4 clocked to 3.09 so im probably a bit cpu limited

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

my own observations of the demo are:

- the planes and helcopters handle like vietnam which im not a fan of, however the afterburner on the jets is a thing of beauty

-i like the whole level size changing on player numbers

-graphics and all that malarky are good

thats about it, i quite like it so far, whether it will consume my life the same way as dc did, we'll see (will there be a level to compete with dc bridge, i hope so), my only hope is that a ctf mod will appear officially,as, to be honest the whole tickets thing just bores me and was vietnams fatal flaw.

• Advertisement

heh...lovely

running at 1680*1050 widescreen, all settings high ,aax2 on me 9100 :D

Advertisement