Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivium

Options
  • 11-06-2005 4:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me how long these guys have been around?

Heard them for first time ever yesterday by pure chance, the song Pull the strings harder, and I love them.

Can't believe I didn't hear of them sooner :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Check out their bio on the official site: http://www.trivium.org/bio.php

Got their album, Ascendancy, a few weeks ago! Definetly worth a listen :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Check out their bio on the official site: http://www.trivium.org/bio.php

Got their album, Ascendancy, a few weeks ago! Definetly worth a listen :)

Yeah, I got that album today, its very good! I like these guys, really grown on me the last 24 hours! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Couldn't imagine they are around that long, their singer's only 18 or something. It's weird, I was on their site and when I read about them having to drive through Hurricane Charlie to do a gig I got confused with the Hurricane that hit Europe in '85 and I was thinking, "jaysis they look well for lads in their forties!"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I think they had another album out beforehand called From Ashes To Embers as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭tripper

Yeah i "got" there last two albums pretty descent but all these magazines are calling them the next Metallica which is just complete bull**** there will never be another Metallica unless someone steals there name but then you have Lars on your ass. *goes to check legal books on how to steal a name* " dam it"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Saw their video on Kerrang a while ago and I really like them. Have the album, but havn't had a chance to listen to it all yet.

/me sticks it on now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

I heard one of their songs on a Kerrang! cd. The vocals were a bit heavy, really. I wanted more melody...
    Maybe it was just that one song that kinda sucked though...
    I was told that even fans of "old-school metal" would like them...what songs do they have that I might enjoy?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,586 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Theyre basically like Killswitch Engage but with older-school riffs. Personally, i dislike metalcore. IMO, metalcore bands like this have amazing potential, but ruin their songs by having melodic, heartfelt breakdowns in every single song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Earwig Eddie

were the best band at Download in my opinion, and thats saying quite alot.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

they've been around a couple of years maybe just 2 or so though,
    really young the singer is 19,
    The best of the new wave of metal by a long way and there are some great bands coming though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement