Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbies

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Yeah, but if you have the tastebuds for large doses of tikka and rhubarb, you deserve to die! :p

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

You'll have trouble getting 21 bananas from the canteen, the evil lunchlady will take it back if you take more than one piece of fruit (that wench)
    Yes, I discovered this the hard way

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I'll buy them in Eurospar of course!

Ahhh, gool ol' Eurospar.

Dave: Tikka Masala is quite nice I'll have you know.

Just get all your friends to take a banana each at every mealtime, you'll probably have enough bananas collected in a couple of days

If a group of us managed to get 21 each, we could have a mass suicide using only bananas!

• Advertisement

Haha, imagine the newspaper headlines - "Talented Youths overdose on bananas", "Minister calls for restrictions on availablity of dangerous fruit"

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Chowburger

Piste wrote:
    If a group of us managed to get 21 each, we could have a mass suicide using only bananas!
    And then CTYI could truely hold cult status.

Though I would be just a little freaked out upon meeting someone who could consume 21 bananas at once...

I wonder is there a World Record for 'Most bananas eaten without stopping'?

And I intend to hold that record.

I <3zorz Bananaz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

A couple of years ago at a CTY course (it might not have been Ireland, cant remember) they decided to have a water drinking competition at the table quiz.Sounds fairly harmless, yeah?They set out 10 canteen cups of water I think and told them to start.About a minute later, after frantic water drinking the contestants just got sick everywhere because of it.Too much water at once aint that good for ya either!I bet the RAs faces were red.

• Advertisement

any other stories with no proof and a bit like "A friend's friend" etc etc Liam?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Daryl Hanberry told us that one in Corporate Business if you must know, he was an RA in both CTYI and american CTY. It was after we told him about the cracker eating contest. Need more proof give him a call, maybe he has a picture or something. :p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭TalkISCheap

The bananas would kill you, but more deadly are apple pips. (stop sniggering and listen!) They contain cyanide, and large enough amounts of them could knock you out.

Could be fatal if you decided to give in to your crippling apple-pip and tikka habit in the cockpit of a one-man fighter jet. :)

Rhubarb leaves contain a deadly neuro-toxin.

(DISCLAIMER:- I WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY MURDERS PERPETRATED ON FOOT OF THIS POST. )

especially my own. :D

any other stories with no proof and a bit like "A friend's friend" etc etc Liam?
    Yeah as Colm said if you want any more proof just ask Daryl yourself.He was one of the R.A.s who organised the contest and he'll probably be your instructor this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Adesina

crash_000 wrote:
    hehe, yeah, Mollys pretty damn tall. who's the other? :P

Isn't she, it's kinda scary how tall she is. Aisling is the other girl, but she's not taller than you, she's the same size as you (You did say you're 6ft right?)

LiamD wrote:
    Yeah as Colm said if you want any more proof just ask Daryl yourself.He was one of the R.A.s who organised the contest and he'll probably be your instructor this year.

will do, anything else to annoy him with?

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭lemon_sherbert

last year sally ate nothing but 17 oranges one day and was horribly unwell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Flashling

Adesina wrote:
    Isn't she, it's kinda scary how tall she is. Aisling is the other girl, but she's not taller than you, she's the same size as you (You did say you're 6ft right?)

There is no way that Neil is 6ft, because I am taller that him as seen yesterday AND I REFUSE TO BE OVER 6FT!!!! (three exclaimation marks means business) (and could everyone stop refering to me as Tall Aisling, you just know someones going to shorten it to tash...)

Bring cathal into the class :):)

Ah i love ya really cathal

Leafy Dublin Suburbs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Joycey

You just stung him emmet... Remember that? And the Italians saying qualitioooooooooo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Joycey

ahaha... And Forde with his picture face on in the background... He always has the exact same expression in pics

right, with only a couple days left i'm here to discourage any newbies with res from going (male only- i'm not allowed take a female room). Basically, it's ****, and you should drop out, Ring Colm, tell him, there's room for Emmet, let him in. I'm saving you from a bad experience, you can buy me a pint in 18 months time if you so wish. But please! Drop out!

please note, the above statement is coming from a delerious monkey, do not blame me if you DO end up having a good time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭GlitterB

Emmet thats mean ya cant say that!!!!You want to CONVINCE colm to let you stay in res and not discourage him :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭jono087

ya, emmet you better hope that the noobs look at the end of the last page of this thread only ..... :rolleyes:

Advertisement