Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bring Naruto here!

• 11-06-2005 6:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Has anyone else seen anything from Naruto? It's brilliant, I love it! The characters are so cool and the animation is excellant. I've only been able to see some episodes via dowload and I've bought comics online but I really doubt it'll be brought over here on tv cos the animation creates the illusion of a pokémon-style kiddy show but it's not, it's actualy kinda bloody. But not o.t.t gore such as that found in X or anything of that genre.
    [FONT=Century Gothic]NARUTO RULES! CHECK IT OUT![/FONT]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I dunno, I heard Cartoon Network were interested in adding it to their Toonami lineup. You may see it over here soon enough, not till the autumn though at the earliest I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

Naruto is the crack-rock of Anime.

And it's rarely bloody.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Actually, it is fairly bloody early on
    especially when Kakashi uses the chidori on Zabuza and basically puts his hand right through the guy
    but they seem to have gone the opposite in later episodes with there rarely being blood in it now. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

Was at Vatacon today and guy there has currently upto ep 137, I think - something like that, the movie and I think he mentioned having a good bit/all of the manga..

Its a cool series and I'd certainly get it if I had the space :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 -Neo-

I dunno, I heard Cartoon Network were interested in adding it to their Toonami lineup. You may see it over here soon enough, not till the autumn though at the earliest I reckon.

I heard that also, but i heard it was for America right now. And we are a bit behind america on there airings, i think we are anyway. I may be wrong. I have seen some Japanese Episodes from a friend, and its pretty good. My Favourite Characters so far are: Ino and Sasuke.

-Neo-

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Manga-paddy

-Neo- wrote:
    I heard that also, but i heard it was for America right now. And we are a bit behind america on there airings, i think we are anyway. I may be wrong. I have seen some Japanese Episodes from a friend, and its pretty good. My Favourite Characters so far are: Ino and Sasuke.

-Neo-
    please! kakashi is WAY cooler

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭pingoo

Cartoon Network probably spent a good amount of money in one Piece so we might see a decrease in new stuff coming out for a while now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

kakashi is the coolest mofo ever fo sho.

ive gone off naruto lately, it was the first fansub and mange i started downloading when i got broadband but after 18 months its gotten a bit boring

heh it may have been the first fansub and manga you started on but 18 months later and there STILL is no end in sight :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

and it had already been going a long time at that point

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭sme

it is very repeditive, i cant see much difference between this and pokemom or yugioh or beyblade. what aspect of the story is so complex that can't be explained in 52 eps? at the beginning it was good, lots of diferrent clans, characters and fighting styles. it has just got boring.

btw gaara is the best character

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Kashya

YES! I would love to be able to watch naturo here, although I doubt channels like the infamously crap Toonami would air it.

For the time being, I buy Naruto manga from FPI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 SERVE COLD

Naruto is fantastic, one of the best out there. It's up to episode 140 now and I've downloaded them all! Including the film which is so-so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 129 ✭✭Rei-chan

I read somewhere that they will be showing Naruto on Adult Swim in America sometime in the future. Well, we don't have Adult Swim over here, but hopefully since it's been getting so much popularity with Fullmetal Alchemist and such they may put it over here aswell, we just have to beg Cartoon Network a bit. They should be showing more Anime on Toonami soon, such as Zatch Bell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 phoenix1ie

Hi i was just wondering were you were downloading Naruto from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

As it is now licensed I don't think we are allowed to post links.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

does it get better after the first 5 minutes?
    it seemed like a steaming pile of ****e judging by that....

Yeah it's actually pretty addictive.
    I started watching it and within a month had watched every episode (now standing at 152). There is a lot of filler in it though, which sucks ass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭sharingan

Its pretty good. You can get really caught up in it. Though Naruto can have filler 'arcs' never mind filler episodes.

First episodes have gone down a storm in the US. Its even boosted the manga sales by a massive jump.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Makaveli wrote:
    Yeah it's actually pretty addictive.
    I started watching it and within a month had watched every episode (now standing at 152). There is a lot of filler in it though, which sucks ass.
    watched the first 2 episodes last night... it's fairly addictive alright :o
    can see myself eating through the 25 eps i already have in the next few days

• Advertisement

I actually didnt think very much of the first few eps.. went back finally and went from ep 11 to 80 in a matter of days :)

Work stopping me from watching more right now but cant wait to get back to them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

Haven't been that impressed with the whole last series actually, it's been very much a filler "give the manga more time to develop something that we can animate" series, which is a disappointment.

I'm hoping that things pick up soon, as Bleach and Full Metal Panic: TSR are currently streets ahead of Naruto in terms of quality and entertaining episodes.

Oh, and naruto's up to Ep. 154 now, I think :)

It is yeah, and I think it's the first episode of Season 7 because there is a new op. But it's kind of stupid because it's still in a story arc, all be it a crappy filler one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Lantis

Naruto.

Oh, my Naruto.

(There is no way to express my relationship with Naruto in words. Anyone will tell you this.)

Also, if you're getting tired of the current fillers, read the manga. Infinitely better.

Apparently this entire season is to be made up of filler. Super.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Amry

Has anyone else seen anything from Naruto? It's brilliant, I love it! The characters are so cool and the animation is excellant.

*blinks*

GYAH HA HA HA HA HA!! Ahh... that sure lightens up my day. Nice joke, that ;) .

Back in the olden days when I was more innocent and naive, Naruto seems to be the pinnacle of excellence. Good story, nice flashy fights, and humorous to boot. Oh how I laughed when they first introduced Lee...

Unfortunately, the whole thing starts to detoriate right after the Invasion of Konoha arc. It's repetitive, prone to annoying flashbacks, and the recent episodes are fillers after another. I would think that a mark of maturity is being able to move on from Naruto obession to something far more worthy.

Still, even that pales by the atrocity that is the English dubbed episodes. I shudder to think how they will mutilate the episodes to fit the "oh-so-moralistic" Western audiences. On Toonami, no less.

Advertisement