Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Retro Computer(or Electronic) Magazines

• 11-06-2005 8:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭

Hey I dug up some old magazines and some of the articles within are quite good. I feel like scanning these in if there some people interested in them. Have a look at the cover scans below and let me know. Some go back as far as 1966!

I would be definitely interested in scanning a complete copy if someone have similarly old magazines? At least let me know what ye have and we could see what we can do.... :)

Mods, feel free to move this topic to another forum but Retro seems right...

Anyway... here are the scans...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭telecinesk

Ha, thats like my collection of stuff in the attic at home too. I love the 1973 one with the Mini in the corner on the magazine.
    Thats retro electronics alright, know whats scary I think I have here a real 1970s "Transistor Testor" which was Heathkit. I cant admit to have needed or used it but it looks like something out of DrWho or something..
    Must dig it out..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

cool stuff... very retro..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

what'sisname down in cork was threatening to dump a load of magazines so you might stick a wanted ad up.

PS. you aren't allowed to copy more than 10% of the mag !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭hamster

telecinesk wrote:
    Ha, thats like my collection of stuff in the attic at home too. I love the 1973 one with the Mini in the corner on the magazine.
    Thats retro electronics alright, know whats scary I think I have here a real 1970s "Transistor Testor" which was Heathkit. I cant admit to have needed or used it but it looks like something out of DrWho or something..
    Must dig it out..

telecinesk,

Great! If you come across any let me I'm dead keen on the idea.. especially any old computer mags. Gawd... we should scan 'em before they fade 10% or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I found a book from 1980 about computers, and they had a section "Computers in the Year 2000", and It was surprisingly accurate. It predicted GPS Navigation systems in cars and Watches with address books and thin TVs.
    It said we'd be listening to music and watching movies on 12 inch Laser Disks, so it was a little off, but otherwise it's cool.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

CD's and DVD's are 15cm Laser Disks

Advertisement