Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business

Options
  • 11-06-2005 8:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

Do you think you could get by by leaving out unit 6 and 7 of the book??

I know this is an easy subject but i have done no study... yet and i need to get good points!

I thought learning units 2, 3 and 4 real well might do the trick??? :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 jo_u_know

In my class we're leaving out Unit5. Unit7 is like a definet quest coz of d EU enlargement+stuff...Unit1 is pretty easy all d same...Unit6 i dnt know if i'll do dat myself! +unit2,3,4 is our ABQ is its NB!!! Best of luck neway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭ed6hellsfresh

i'm plannin on answerin q1 q3 q5 and q7. well sorted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭Con9903

I just learnt units 1-5, I should be grand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭mrs. hamlet

Phew! So no-1 actually knows the whole book or anything then!
    Anyone got any predictions?
    I think:
    q1 something about contract
    consumer law or labour court/lrc

q5 cash flow statement
    insurance

a business letter somewhere and something on hrm...

not many people get a's in business! I think it's more about knowing the marking scheme than knowing the answers??

I got a b3 through waffling in the mocks and i'm hoping for higher grade now because i have actually bothered to study a little!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

i've studied units 1,2,3,4,7 slightly controversial.

If i basically know them units inside out i should be fine, and some knowledge on the 5,6 for short q's. The work is done for it know i think, its too broad a course to cram, maybe im saying this because i have history on the same day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 willire

sorry to say this but our teacher told us that most of the long questions will come from 5,6,7 cause the abq is from 2,3,4 and unit 1 is simple! so im doing 2,3,4,5,6,7! im going for a b1 or an a2 so fingers crossed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Shyster

yeah we thought that aswell, but afaik they dont do it like that... theres just as many questions on the units of the abq as every year i think.
    anyway 4 out of 7, you cant be risking that much by leaving out a unit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭mrs. hamlet

Ah biz 2moro, i shud b studyin.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

on skool.ie the interactive lessons are alot easyer than studying the man talks to you and your parents think your studing when your surfing the boards and ebay.............

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Business and study in the same sentence?

Ha, it's pure common sense. I'm doing it as an extra sub and got good marks in everything in the mocks. I got top in the school....beat the people who did it full time..

Smrt...I am so smart...Smrt....

• Advertisement

bussiness is fairly ok when you know how to answer the question ( marking scheme ) short questions and the abq are horible though

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭sock.rocker*

ABQ is handy.. just explain term and quote. its what im dependin on in this exam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 SineadSligo

pingu_girl wrote:
    on skool.ie the interactive lessons are alot easyer than studying the man talks to you and your parents think your studing when your surfing the boards and ebay.............

what man??
    whats this about???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Pistol Pete

Huh? WHAT???? WHO!?!?!?

its just a voice over lol so you dont have to read

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Po-2

Can anyone go over the layout of the paper with me. we were never told to get exam papers. is it true contract is a safe bet tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Dazzington

The main thing to remember for absolutely everything on the Business exam is State, Explain, Example.

As in, state what point you're making, explain it, and give an example. The majority of the marking scheme is built around this.

Dazzington wrote:
    The main thing to remember for absolutely everything on the Business exam is State, Explain, Example.

As in, state what point you're making, explain it, and give an example. The majority of the marking scheme is built around this.

Do you think its stupid takin the highher paper without even havin a clue what it looks like

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Its fairly easy to wing business. Short questions / ABQ + the rest are mainly common sense. Not devoting too much time cause im only lookin for 60 percent or higher.

State Explain Example. With a good knowlesge of the markin scheme its hard to shag up.

567 and so very annoying. But still C2 is my aim. Not an A1

so unit 5 6 7 to concertrate on

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Dazzington

One of the important things to remember, and something which has helped me to good marks in many a business test, is that, if you can't remember what was in the book, just think about it in logical terms - a fair portion of the course can be answered with the judicious use of common sense. All you need is a fair grasp of the English language to put it into the format in which the exam is supposed to be answered, namely "State, Explain, Example."

Advertisement