Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA San Andreas - tips for improving gfx/sound

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Argh!!
    Here come the spoiler tags for those who don't want to know
    I'm at the bit after you complete san fierro, out in the desert having just bought the aircraft graveyard place, where that toreno bastard makes you learn to fly. I can't finish the flight school missions :(
    I've resorted to plugging in a joystick just to get past this. Its helped a bit but I still can't beat the training levels... I've gotten as far as the one where you've to blow up a few cars and trucks with the helicopter and then land it but I never score high enough, and I fly like a drunk. Is there any easy/cheaty way to skip this flying ****e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

TmB wrote:
    You need all tags to get the weapons. They're only in Los Santos.
    ?!
    That's some crazy sheet ese. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

100 tags in Los Santos, bah I have about 12 so far. Also Los Santos feels bigger than Vice City in its entirety. Is it? I haven't a clue where I'm going half of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

do any of the sub-missions disappear when you do all of the main storyline missions? I'm out in SAn Fiero at the moment. I haven't done any of the low-rider missions or races etc, so was wondering if they will all be available.

Gah 66 tags so far and still nothing... that's so fuking useless.
    For the amount of time it takes to find them all, I could have beaten up and robbed enough people to afford to buy everything in Ammunation... or just run over some gang members and take their weapons.
    It boggles my mind that this isn't a bug... it just doesn't make sense.
    I can't be arsed trying to find them all, because I just know once I reach 99 - I'll never find the last one... it's just like the packages in the previous games, once I reach the 90's I give up due to boredom.
    By the time I'm bored enough to go looking for the remaining tags, I'll have completed all the story-line missions and won't be at all bothered weapons at the safe house.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

tman wrote:
    having problems with it restarting my machine after an hour or so of play :o
    prolly a gfx driver issue though. i had the same problem with hl2 which was resolved by installing different cats...
    too ****ing lazy to try to figure out which ones i used though
    considering most of my job involves troubleshooting, i'm surprisingly crap at it :p
    seems to be a problem with my onboard sound drivers (nforce 2)
    updated just them and could play away happily for 4 hours solid last night :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

There are maps of the tag locations available on the net. You can systematically go through them all pretty easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

This game took ages to come out and now its full of bugs. What the **** Rockstar.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Mine kept crashing just after the intro, I installed it again doing a full install (with the music) and it ran fine? Kinda wierd?

S.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

Ok I've fixed the sound problem with my audigy 2 by reducing the acceleration to basic.
    I can't figure out how to lock on to a target though. I can aim using the cross hairs but I cant get him to lock on. Any ideas? I haven't changed the key configuration at all.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

There's no auto-aim in the PC version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

stevenmu wrote:
    i find the shooting to be a hell of a lot easier though. it's actually possible to get headshots instead of pissing ammo away on targets

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

stevenmu wrote:
    Pity they didn't change the text during the tutorial with Emmet then, isn't it? I got peed off trying to figure out how to target and just did it manually..... (Its easier anyway).

I agree, altough it made Zero's mission where you have to shoot down the planes laughably easy, other than that it's a big improvement.

TmB wrote:
    There are maps of the tag locations available on the net. You can systematically go through them all pretty easily.
    I never liked the idea of doing that though, it seems like cheating to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

All the time I spent trying to lock onto it and it turns out that you can't?! I've wasted my life.....

Yeah, you can't lock on to things in the PC version but you can target them (right mouse button by default) - when they're targetted you'll see a triangle over their head. A few of the missions require you to "lock on"/target people without shooting them so it might come in handy.
    So easy to get headshots in the Pc version if you've any experiences with fps games at all :)

Just came across a mod to increase the max draw distance, you can download it here . It's a batch file that overwrites your timecyc.dat so back that up first, run drawdistance /? to get help on using it or just edit the file (the help text is at the top). You can also change the stream.ini to increase the max amount of vehicles which'll spawn so you'll be able to see them further out. Haven't tried these yet but the screen shots look good.

Also the guy who created it has a page at http://www.maxbot.com/gta/sapc.htm with all the cheats and a few other tweaks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

how do you disable cheats?
    i was just driving around on a bike hitting w,a,s,d and many a few other keys , when cheat enabled came up on screen :(

also i was doing a mission where you have to follow the croupier, and a plane fell out of the sky and killed her :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

tuxy wrote:
    how do you disable cheats?
    i was just driving around on a bike hitting w,a,s,d and many a few other keys , when cheat enabled came up on screen :(

also i was doing a mission where you have to follow the croupier, and a plane fell out of the sky and killed her :eek:

*snigger* :)

• Advertisement

I think planes do randomly (but rarely) fall out of the sky, I remember it happening me twice on the ps2, never in such a funny way though. :)

Haven't seen any way to prevent cheats being entered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Kazaanova

You can lock on in the PC version, you have to put the controller typ to joypad.

tuxy wrote:

When I was driving around in Mullholland or whatever it's called a plane almost fell on me. Was checking my stats later and it said I had shot a plane down.

stevenmu wrote:
    I think planes do randomly (but rarely) fall out of the sky, I remember it happening me twice on the ps2, never in such a funny way though. :)

On the PS2 I came out of Ammunation after buying about $50,000 worth of weapons and a plane crashed into the shop, then fell on top of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Karma

Kazaanova wrote:
    On the PS2 I came out of Ammunation after buying about $50,000 worth of weapons and a plane crashed into the shop, then fell on top of me.
    With regard to said plane disasters, I was informed that this is due to cheats being enabled(and used?) just now and again to get ya back. 1 friend had a plane crash into him as he took off on a jump(just past the ramp) in GT-vice city.
    will get this game for july...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

When a plane nearly crashed into me yesterday I had not used any cheats. It just seems random.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭dent

I never liked the idea of doing that though, it seems like cheating to me.

Just to tempt you http://www.gta-sanandreas.com/guides/tagsmap/index.php
    :D

Yeah I haven't used any cheats.
    I was up in the hills and it flew too low and clipped the hill.

What's annoying me now is doing the OG Loc missions
    I had just finished the mission where you steal the rhyme book and didn't save, instead I started the next one and during the opening cut scene the game crashed. Grrr

Yeah, never used any cheats either. Its just that the planes must run on A.I. and they arent scripted, so they can crash.

The crashing is very annoying, I've gotten into the habbit of saving after every mission. I wish they'd get a patch out already.

• Advertisement

I always save after every mission that's anyway difficult (especially those bastard flying missions).

Advertisement