Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA San Andreas - tips for improving gfx/sound

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Don't know if the import/export will be open to you yet. Its pretty late when it comes available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

the wang motor missions are a good bit before you get to buy the airstrip iirc.
    i'm assuming that Makaveli has those completed...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Nope haven't done them. Maybe because I haven't done Zero's missions yet. I hate the rc missions.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

****, I'm finished the las venturas missions and back in los santos, never even noticed any available missions for wang motors. it wasn't available when I was doing the san fierro missions.

Another moneymaking scheme is pimping. Steal a pimpmobile and pimp some hoes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

Or, save your game, go to the off the track betting place. Put all your money on the horse with the best odds (usually 12:1 or 11:1). If you lose, reload and try again. You'll probably win about one in 5 races. You can make huge amounts of cash really really quickly this way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Im slowly making my way through this. Playing at gang wars at the moment which is great fun.

Anyone know if its possible to completely wipe a rival gang off the map and never hear from them again? I dont want to waste my time trying to do this if its fruitless.

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

If you're still in Los Santos, stop doing gang wars. Something happens later (during a mission called
    Green Sabre
    ) to undo all your hard work.

Well I got Wang Cars, finished the Zero missions and nothing happened, then finally completed the final driving school test and I got a phone call. Currently looking for cars for the import/export, some of them seem impossible to find.
    Patriot - I saw one when I ventured into the navy base accidentally, but then I got shot to death.
    Infernus - haven't seen one in the game yet.
    Remington - I don't know what this even looks like, has anybody got a screenshot?

Up to about $250,000 now anyway. Oh and tman, there's no need to go to Las Venturas to steal a stretch, there's one parked behind Wang Cars once you unlock the import/export.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Makaveli wrote:
    Patriot - I saw one when I ventured into the navy base accidentally, but then I got shot to death.
    Infernus - haven't seen one in the game yet.
    Remington - I don't know what this even looks like, has anybody got a screenshot?

Up to about $250,000 now anyway. Oh and tman, there's no need to go to Las Venturas to steal a stretch, there's one parked behind Wang Cars once you unlock the import/export.
    heh. might've been handy to know.
    there's a patriot parked south east of san fierro (the only time i've seen one in the game :confused: )
    i'll post a pic of wherabouts it is on the map in a sec...

/edit
    you might need to check back a few times before the damn thing appears
    i've found one there twice anyways (had to get another after i drove the first into the ocean :o )

• Advertisement

tman wrote:
    heh. might've been handy to know.
    there's a patriot parked south east of san fierro (the only time i've seen one in the game :confused: )
    i'll post a pic of wherabouts it is on the map in a sec...
    Sometimes there's one parked outside the hospital near the airport in las venturas

Thanks guys, will continue the hunt.
    Found an Infernus, they tend to spawn in Paradiso. Get one back undamaged and it's worth $95,000.

And a remington is a lowrider type then, good stuff I was looking for a sedan type.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Sound problem?? Sounds more like driv3r :D that kept cutting out and crashing with sound glitches.

San andreas has given me no problems. My parents PC at home is fine and i just installed it on my laptop and have been playing it fine for the last few days. Only thing i notice is the odd graphical glitch there peoples bodies dissapear slightly.

One thing thats a little annoying but not bothering me is in the game.. I was just roaming around before i started playing missions and i swam across the river or a river of some kind.. anyway when i got out on the other side there was 3 or 4 stars on me so i had about 1 min to live and see this new section before i was gunned down by everything but nukes :D

Cant wait till im done with these stupid hood jobs.
    Last one i did was the low rider race. It does not drive as well as the others or maybe its my imagination..

The lowrider doesn't? Or the game doesn't?
    You have to build up your driving skill, which is a total pain in the ass. My skill is only about two thirds of the progress bar. Have full push bike skill though.

tman, nice one on the patriot location, was there on my first visit.

Jesus Christ, is there really any need for them to make these flying lessons so annoyingly difficult. It's just a lesson in frustration and really adds nothing to the game whatsoever by making it hard. If I was playing this on the PS2 the control pad would have been smashed to little pieces by this stage.

I had no troubles with any of the flying missions. :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I did. I'm so crap at flying I had to use a joystick just to get past those bits.

The fourth or fifth flying lesson where you have to circle and then land is driving me insane. I can finally get around but everytime I land I do too much damage or the plane blows up. To add insult to injury I managed to score 69% on one attempt. Bullshít.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Mine is fine bar one problem:
    The lowrider level and the beach party level, where you have to move in time with the music according to the arrows:
    It stalls 10 seconds in, and then the arrows are waaaaaay out of sync with the music. I had to copy my save file across to the main PC (I'm using my laptop to play normally), complete the level, and copy back. Bit of a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

Off topic but is there a way to sell the cars you stole (like in the older GTA's)?

• Advertisement

The only advice I can give you for that landing is to put down your landing gear and let off the throttle early. Fly low to the ground and slowly tap brake and you should glide in. Then steer up the runway and stop in the indicator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Makaveli wrote:
    The fourth or fifth flying lesson where you have to circle and then land is driving me insane. I can finally get around but everytime I land I do too much damage or the plane blows up. To add insult to injury I managed to score 69% on one attempt. Bullshít.
    theres way harder than that the helicopter ones were really hard. I completed em in the end tho in Las Venturas with wozzie now

I got 95% in that lesson in the end.
    The helicopter ones were simple, had a fair bit of experience with the Apache from Vice City.

Makaveli wrote:
    I got 95% in that lesson in the end.
    The helicopter ones were simple, had a fair bit of experience with the Apache from Vice City.
    yeah. it had me stumped until i remembered that the chaingun locks onto cars :o

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Eye

finally finished san andreas :)
    excellent game, still have lots to do to get to 100% though so lots to keep me occupied for a long time to come :)

sound problem was slightly annoying, hearing random engine sounds from time to time :-\ other than that it played really well even on my machine, was surprised my graphics card kept up with it :) (only have a 64mb GeForce 3 Ti 500) only had it on 800x600 but it was on full draw distance and very high detail :)

only time it struggled was the final 3 missions or so with the amount of fire and smoke the card ground to a hault then :-\

Mine runs fine on a Geforce3 Ti 200 except when it rains, that causes slow down when walking, not so much a problem when driving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

ye lol
    /me looks for a PCI one on Komplett.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭dawballz

What are the controls for the Lowrider mission where you have to press keys(Which ones?) in sync to the music?
    I'm using laptop.

dawballz wrote:
    What are the controls for the Lowrider mission where you have to press keys(Which ones?) in sync to the music?
    I'm using laptop.
    Its the arrow / number keys on the number pad on the right of the keyboard, so I reckon you'll need to stick on numlock for that part of the mission.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Isn't it just whatever direction keys you have mapped? i.e. WASD

Advertisement