Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA San Andreas - tips for improving gfx/sound

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

No, not for making the lowrider move up/down/side to side.
    It's special keys, just go into your controls configuration and it will show you.
    I mapped mine to Insert/Home/Page Up/Down because I use the cursors to move not WASD (left handed mouse).

Heh, I know exactly where you're coming from there... if I have to listen to that "Hey, in that thing you look like an enthusiast, the US airforce is less likely to shoot you down... cool, what's the problem then?... I said less likely!" shpeel one more time, I'll go nuts

I hate this mission, and I hate that little conversation too.

Managed to do it after posting.
    On the next mission where you have drive onto the plane and blow it up. Are you supposed to detonate before you jump off the plane? Everytime I do that I can't equip the parachute in time and the plane blows up with me still in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

Makaveli wrote:
    On the next mission where you have drive onto the plane and blow it up. Are you supposed to detonate before you jump off the plane? Everytime I do that I can't equip the parachute in time and the plane blows up with me still in it.
    No -
    It'll explode automagically when you jump out of the plane

Yeah, so I learned after the post.
    Next mission is pretty cool I must say, although
    it dawned on me that you start the game as a small time hood from a crappy little neighbourhood in Los Santos, now you're off stealing top secret military equipment from underground bunkers in Area 69. You've come along way baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

\o/ Finally got 100% in all the flying lessons. Only the circle and land one was giving me trouble, have to do it in under 1min 20sec.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

nice lol :p

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Do you get any reward for that? In fact, since I only discovered that you get to unlock car import/export after completing the driving school, do you get similar rewards for completing the bike and boat schools?

You get special vehicles when completing the bike and aircraft school. I assume the car and boat schools do the same.

The import/export is a reward for completing the missions from Jethro in your garage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

Has anyone managed to complete 'Alley oop' in the driving school on the PC without resorting to a joypad? It is driving me insane.

Spent days doing it on the PS2. Got it 100% first time on the PC. :D

• Advertisement

I got it on my third or fourth attempt.
    There's a Super GT parked outside the driving school, I dunno if it was always there but it has been there since I completed the lessons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Has anyone managed to complete 'Alley oop' in the driving school on the PC without resorting to a joypad? It is driving me insane.
    Like I said earlier in this thread... I couldn't do it until I turned the frame limiter back on... I found the car wasn't rolling as fast/as much with the frame limiter off... weird, but it worked.
    It's definitely something worth trying.
    Otherwise, all I can suggest is keep an eye on your approach angle and how much of the car is on the ramp vs how much is on the ground... sometimes the front wheel will get more of the ramp than the rear wheel... experiment.

Stephen wrote:
    I eventually beat the mission I mentioned earlier, here's how:
    Instead of flying straight out to intercept the plane like the mission tells you to, fly way out to the left or right of it then approach it from the side. It actually just sits floating in the air until you get near to it so it doesn't matter how long you take - it will start moving towards las venturas pretty much once you get within visual range. coming at it from the side (and also using first person view when behind it) made it a lot easier to catch up.
    Excellent, just completed it there... I had to come back and read this after several failed attempts.
    Switching to 1st person camera seemed to get rid of a lot of the cloud-lag I was getting.
    A great relief since I've been avoiding that mission for the last few days.
    Got my cop outfit off barbara in the meantime though... it's funny doing a Tenpenny mission dressed as another cop :)

Did anybody else have problems with the cop wheels mission?
    I just completed it there but it was a right pain in the ass. Driving on the freeway on a bike is almost suicide.

There's a picture attached of what greeted me three quarters of the way through the mission. Bloody annoying.
    Eventually another car smacked into the back of the packer which then bunny hopped and knocked the other car off. Lucky for me.

Don't view the attachment if you haven't reached this mission, it contains spoilers.

Ouch, can't say I was that unfortunate.
    I made a complete balls of that mission the first time around... wasted too much time looking for one of the bikes.
    The second time around was fine though... just keep checking the map... see which bike is closest... when you grab it, check the map again and plan the fastest route to the truck (taking into account the direction it travels in)... you can finish with plenty of time if you plan your next move each time.

Will somebody please tell me how to fly the stupid fighter plane. It tells me the keys to control the boosters or whatever are End and Home, but they don't help. I press them and nothing happens or after a load of presses the landing gear drops and the plane starts descending. Twice now I've blown up because I can't get the stupid thing to do what I want. If I can get it to fly I can't get it to hover and vice versa. Is there some special trick to it? What are the default keybinds for Home and End?

They are the same keys that are used for the low rider missions. (default Numpad 8 & 2)

Yeah it won't really hover and fly at the same time... since when the jets are giving forward thrust it's the wings that are generating lift, and if you cut the power to the thrusters, you'll lose altitude just like any of the other planes, so you'd better be ready to rotate those jets downward if you want to hover... the closest you'll get to hovering forward is leaving the jets pointed somewhere between 2 and 8... and that's very slow.
    If you're struggling with the controls for this during a mission, there's another place you can practice over in Las Venturas, as you drive into the airport (through the pilots access gates) there should be a red mission circle that lets you enter a race with planes... shuffle through these to the 'military service' one... it gives you loads of time to get accostomed to handling the beast :p

I never left hover mode and completed it that way. Took a fair bit of time though.

How do you recruit gang members again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Target them and press g (default).

Has anybody had problems with trying to go to the gym after completing the story missions?
    Ever since
    Sweet demands you take over more territories so you can trigger the final mission it has stopped letting me use the gym.
    Even with the story complete it wont let me. Everytime I try it tells me I have already worked out enough for the day come back tomorrow. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm getting annoyed now because he's losing all his muscle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

There was a similar 'glitch'(purposefully done by rockstar i think) on the PS2 version. It happens when you dont 'eat' in game rather you just save the game to replenish health, therefore not having the 'energy' to work out

So do I just eat everyday then too fix it or am I destined to be a scrawny little gang banger for the rest of my days?

Yeah, I hardly ever used to eat, too busy doing other stuff the whole time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

No just eat at regular intervals and you should get back to normal

Advertisement