Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delete message - message

Options
  • 11-06-2005 9:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭

What is the point of giving a message when you delete a message

where does it go?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

obilvion

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Mods of the board can still see deleted messages, so they can see your reason for deleting. It also works when there is more than one mod for a board and they leave a note for the other mods explaining why the post was deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

You're not allowed to completely delete your posts. It's something I was wary of at the start, but it's extremely useful for us mods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Say you posted something while really drunk, there were no replies and you wanted to delete it...

Mods can look at the message and the reason (say.. "I was very drunk) and laugh at you (that's why Mods exist...)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

steveland? wrote:
    Mods can look at the message and the reason (say.. "I was very drunk) and laugh at you (that's why Mods exist...)

we need any perk we can get

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Fortinbras'

if i edit a message, can mods see the original message?

Advertisement