Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maths Paper 2 (o)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭sock.rocker*

blah... i def didnt say anythin bout higher maths here :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭:Keith:

people shudnt worry bout the higher maths p1 bein a bitch cause it was bad for everyone.. there'll be a new marking scheme made so if ya attempted a question at all, you'll get alot of marks.

accordin to my teacher anyway

Wrong topic. You're looking that the Higher Level Maths topic.

have no idea what ur on about... lmao

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭*marie*

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chicken_food

STUDY the OGIVE graph and cumilative freq curve. They have to come up this year. Also probability is nearly always
    in part a) use the nCr button
    in part b) Use the (!) factorial button
    in part c) the answers area ALWAYS fractions
    NOTE:if Q says 'prob of one doctor AND one dentist' you multiply individual probabilities by each other. and if its OR you ADD.
    Hope that helps.

• Advertisement

I could have sworn... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Hey rowan, what do you mean by OGIVE?

:Keith: wrote:
    I could have sworn... ;)
    just the stress of exams.. cud happen to anyone :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

ogive is the same as cumulative frequency curve

....Must be :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chicken_food

Ogive is the 'S' shaped graph

Check 2003 Q 7- The cumalitve frequency graph comes up EVERY year,so youd b a fool not to know how to draw one ( 25-35) marks in the bag
    AND LABEL YOUR AXIS PLEASE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Camogie Playa

and label your histogram!!
    linear programming is the easiest question along with co-ordinate geometry on the whole paper!im so useless at the probability questions.dont have a head for logic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭baby*cham*bell

our teacher told us not to do Probability. cos thers hardly any working out and if you get it wrong you don't get attemped marks!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭scorpy

I haaate probability. it's really simple when you know what's going on, but if you don't it's absolutely impenetrable. I have a choice between doing the probability or the statistics question so I hope something pretty straightforward comes up on statistics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭rosa

Is probability the thing with dices and cards and stuff? I get stressed just reading the questions, makes no sense whatsoever to me. I think you either get it or you don't.Waaay prefer questions 4 and 5, they're always pretty much the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Quick question: P2 2004, q. 1 (b) the simpsons rule bit, is 0 the 1st?

So it would be: 12/3 (0+25.5+2(odd)+4(even)) ... or am I wrong? I dont have the book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Shyster

i dont have the papers with me but i did that q today and 0 is the first one alright

Cool, thanks. As you can tell im only starting to study now, and only realising how much sheet im in.

You'll be grand. As long as you have a basic understadning of how the formula of everything works you should do well tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

:Keith: wrote:
    You'll be grand. As long as you have a basic understadning of how the formula of everything works you should do well tomorrow.
    yes this is true...also do not let the way they ask the questions throw you off.

i imagine paper 2 will be asked differently to other years (which threw many people off).

we'll be fine.

• Advertisement

I can see the paper being a bit tricky like paper 1 but it's be alright in terms of difficulty if you can get your head around the phrasing.

I totally forgot how to do any of the section B questions on the paper when I was in there. Got 1-4 done ok and then i went steadily downhill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Pistol Pete

Lovely paper, flew threw it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

I think I made a balls of the Circle graph but otherwise it all went pretty much to plan. Nice follow up to P1.

Advertisement