Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esat Broadband - Disconnection issue

• 11-06-2005 9:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭

Recently (today being the first time I've seen this ...) my broadband connection with Esat has been dropping every time a call comes through on my land line.
    I've done the usual filter-check, and modem/router check

I'm just wondering if anybody else (specifically those that have responded in a number of other threads about disconnections) have noticed that their disconnections occur around the time of incoming phone calls or not.

Daniel

*edit* and if this is actually an issue for others - it may also explain the seemingly "random" digiweb disconnections as well (it all leading back to eircom and what not)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

Well we can scratch that for a theory - it certainly causes problems when a phone call comes in, but I've just been disconnected while browsing. No phone activity at all

sigh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭mang87

Yeah, I'm definately disconnected everytime a call comes through... but I also get random disconnections when I'm just browsing the net. It's not JUST people ringing through to the house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

ive been getting that problem for the last week, and the router shows all things ok, (linksys wag54g), but i did notice it has happened since i was upgraded to the BT phone service (which im not sure of yet)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

im getting randomly disonnected too. and it aint the PC cause iv tried it on my laptop also. and not when i recieve a call but randomly. very annoying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭astec123

Same here upgraded to the phone service and my "always on" connection isnt always on anymore. I think there is about a 10 fold increase in the number of disconnections, with most occuring in the later afternoon early evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

Sparky_S wrote:
    ... (linksys wag54g) ...
    I bought one of these only a few days ago and was worried that it was causing it - after swapping back to the Esat modem I realised that it was still happening.

After only a few replies here, I'm glad I'm not the only one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭zokrez

My DECT phone died and I have had to use an old landline phone and I too have had this problem for the past 3 weeks - I thought it was the proximity of the phone to the pc and asdl line.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭The_Scary_Man

I've been getting this too, totally random disconnections except its been happening to me for about a month now and it only seems to be getting worse.

I've finally made up my mind to scrap it and go with someone else.

This is more frustrating than dial up!

for me to get the connection up and going again i have to go to the admin page of the router, then click disconnect then connect again, giving me a new ip address, maybe its there ip renewal problem, because it only happens every 4 hrs to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭mag

Stupid question maybe but has anyone contacted BT about this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Vunderground

This thread has information on how I solved my disconnection problem, as did some others. Phone calls have never effected the connection btw.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=263552

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

thanks alot. seems to have ssolved my issues. ill let u no how it goes

yeah those DNS changes have seemed to have made my internet experience more responsive, right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭preilly79

i had a very similar problem with my IOLBB and for a month was doing my head in. the cause: i had forgotten the password to my modem, and so reset the modem to factory defaults. i ran the setup wizard but forgot to configure the modem to use a nailed-up connection, and so it was dropping the connection after one minute of innactivity.

you might want to check that first before you start pulling your hair out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47 Mick F

Mine has started disconnecting everytime I try a large download. ie. anything over about 10M it seems. I'm nowhere near the cap & I've got the DNS setup correctly.

I'm using the Zyxel setup as a bridge into a Belkin 7230 Wireless Router. Everything looks OK in the setup & nothing has changed in the last couple of weeks. These disconnects only started in the last few days.

It never disconnects with normal browsing, only on downloads.

Anyone any ideas? :confused:

Advertisement