Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French - Letters

Options
  • 11-06-2005 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have any tips for the letters in French ordinary?

100 posts woohoo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭BraveheartGal

or honours

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

For honours, my friend's grind teacher said a formal letter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 shelleEire

ya we were told to know formal letters aswell, dont tink theyv been up? anyway... just know ur grammer n vocab... no way can any1 predict wat topics will cum up.. way too hard kid!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Learn off a bunch of one liners and phrases that would be common. That's what I'm doing. You can't realy study for the comprehensions. I think I might do all of the wrotten section just to be on the safe side. They'll mark my best ones in that case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Shyster

surprised nobody has commented onthe title of this thread..... anyway, just learn your basic layout and opening and closing sentences, the rest is grand

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭hum

Make sure you know your ending, you know the one.... vueillez agreez monsieur l'expression des mes sentiments distingues. my teacher says there are a set amount of marks going for that one so its good to know it off.

also know stuff like,

Pourriez vous m'envoyer................ could you send me

Pourriez vous me dire.....................could you tell me

Pourriez vous m'expliquer................could you explain to me

Pourriez vous me louer...................could you rent me..(a bike,a tent,a gite)

Pourriez vous me donner................could you give me

also questions like
    Est-ce quil y a.............................is there a...

thats all i can think of right now!
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

Shyster wrote:
    surprised nobody has commented onthe title of this thread..... anyway, just learn your basic layout and opening and closing sentences, the rest is grand

HAHA french letters..............sorry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 CoffeeFreak

Aah! Help, I've forgotten the layout of the top opf the informal letter! Is it just "Dublin, le 12 juin" for eg, on the top right and then "cher...", or do you have to put an address?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

ColHol wrote:

i dont get it either :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

haha chilly willy deosnt get french letters too funny .........ok i think ive gone mad from studying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Shyster

lol dont worry about it, nobody would have noticed we're all so damn brainwashed at the mo...!!

pingu_girl wrote:
    haha chilly willy deosnt get french letters too funny .........ok i think ive gone mad from studying

would i be right in saying that is slang for condoms?! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

On the ball -Chilly

yay!

im hip....

Advertisement