Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golden retriever found Clontarf area

Options
  • 11-06-2005 10:39pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I was in Clontarf this evening at about 6PM when a golden retriever darted out in front of my car. I stopped to see if I could see an owner about, but there was nobody with the dog. He then ran back across the road which really worried me as it was obvious he wasn’t road weary.

When I eventually got hold of him, I found a phone number on his collar, but up to now nobody is answering, and I’ve left a load of messages. He is currently in my wife’s mothers back garden in Clontarf, but she can only hold him until tomorrow as her own dog and cat are going crazy. Anybody have any ideas what I should do next? I’ve already checked with a few people, but none are in a position to give him a temporary home.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

I live in Clontarf (don't own the dog) but if ya know what road you found him on I could try thinking of the owner? or if you PM me the number I might know it?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I won't PM the number just yet, but i found him at the junction of Vernon Ave. and Kincora Road. I was talking to the guy in the Belgrove who said that one of his regular customers got a golden retriever within the last month. Also, the womens voice on the answering machine sounded like it had a hint of an Austrailian accent.

hmm.. that's where I live. Can't think of anyone living round there with a golden retriever.. although it could have been anyone going to Nolan's, etc..

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

The dog has now been happily reunited with his owner, turned out he was a night shift worker.

yayyyy :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭commuterised

nice to hear a happy ending :)

Advertisement