Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

is the craze really gone

Options
  • 11-06-2005 11:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭

scooters
    I remember when there was a big craze on them and every second person had one , Well I have one now tryina sell it as we speak and I`d say id have a job to even give it away , whats going on , are they really gone that unpopular ?has the craze really died ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I've got one too mate,think its great though.No parking in work so its ideal for me.What are you trying to sell??Really depends on the model!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

its a honda x8rx you know those black and yellow ones , yea ive tried the buy and sell and the south east trader even the dealer i got it with aint too keen , its in perfect nick like , I thought id sell it no probs , There dead cheap to run an stuff I just needed a car so I have to sell it .
    Its crazy though , I mean a while back they were a big thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

afaik the insurance jumped on them significantly as all the 16 year olds that had them out there were getting insured and causing claims, etc, that and the fact that they sound absolutley shíte

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

I thought they would be in demand.
    As far as I know 22,000 of them were sucked into the engine of the new M5!!!!!!
    and a world shortage had happened.

I heard alright there had been a huge jump on the insurance on them.I never thought it`d be this hard to sell it though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭astec123

That model is hard to sell for one reason. Tuning, people associate it with tuning and as one that although it may be clean and PWO. People can never know, I know of people who have treated them like dirt bikes and as they are treated like so (in the main) its so hard to sell them. Had you gotten a model that was plain and simple they are easier to sell as the owners tend to be more conservative and older. Examples are the apprilla sonic and Peugeot Vivacity.

ah those peugeots look like if a heavy person got on em , theyd fall apart!This is my third honda x8rx , there great little bikes , I was goina go for the arprilla alright but my dad advised going for a honda .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Banjo013

OLDYELLAR wrote:
    Well I have one now tryina sell it as we speak and I`d say id have a job to even give it away , whats going on , are they really gone that unpopular ?has the craze really died ?

No don't think so. Just that they're cheap enough for people to go out and buy new rather than second hand.

jesus no there 2600 new and im selling mine for 1500 now , there fu*k all on the clock and its taxed til november , I cant work it out at all how i cant sell it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

It took me about 3 months to sell my virago 125 - only got rid of it last week. When I bought it in 2001, it was a bastard to find one 2nd hand. I'd say the recent insurance hikes on everything with 2 wheels are to blame.

• Advertisement

christ im tryina sell mine with a month now , an I dont fancy waiting another 2 to sell it , the Bast*d insurance companies have a lot to answer for alright and evert second person is like oh a scooter would be great in this weather , just not great enough for them to come up with the reddys though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Scooter Scum!

fletch wrote:
    Scooter Scum!
    no need to be jealous !

Advertisement