Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is the best Radio Host/Programme

Options
  • 12-06-2005 3:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Who do you think is the best presenter or what is the best programme on radio, I listen to a lot of radio in the car while working, I switch around a lot, mostly nights but also during the day, Damien Kiberd is one of my favourites but I hear he is moving off the programme to work behind the scenes in Newstalk, I also enjoy the Dublin focus of City Edition with Declan Carthy, like a bit of Joe Duffy too, would choose George Hook over Rachel English and Matt Cooper and at night flick between Tom Brannigan on 98FM and Vincent Browne, usually miss the start of both though, sometimes tune into the Dunphy repeat if I miss it in the morning. Has radio improved with more stations and should Newstalk go national?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Ray D'arcy

i have a choice of about 8 FM stations unlike you poxy lot in Dublin

and yes, Newstalk should go national, on MW at least

• Registered Users Posts: 43,931 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yep. Ray D'arcy gets my vote too!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Me... obviously!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭deek

It has to be Ray D'arcy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭stoopidkid

Ray D'arcy..no doubt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Moncrieff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭jezza

Tony Cristie Roy Jennings or Karl James from mid 103.
    Or Damien McCaul from 2fm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Moncrieff on Newstalk.
    Funny stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Ray Darcy, good man.
    Talk about lots of radio stations, in Las vegas there were hundreds in the car, then i discovered it was satellite radio.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,837 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Dave "sorry I meant to play the other record" Fanning.

• Advertisement

Dave "sorry I meant to play the other record" Fanning.
    Ha ha!..

Should be on Dave Fanning's epitaph! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Ray D'Arcy's Fix It Friday is well good.

I love Dunphy, so he gets my vote too.

As does Moncrieff.

And the Off The Ball Show is also really good, on Newstalk.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I like Hooky !!!!

Off the ball is good as well, when I get the chance to hear it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Sean Moncrieff
    Ger Gilroy

Both from newstalk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Daelus

Tom Brannigan's late night talk on 98fm is sometimes pretty good. Apart from when they get those 'life coaches' in, or when they get the bookies to give advice on betting. Usually it's pretty good, with some good topics to call in about.

Although maybe I'm a bit out of date as I haven't listened to it in months. Those 'life coaches' drove me off! :p

I wasn't really aware of these other good shows so I don't have anything to compare it to, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

I love newstalk, but i don't know if it'll be the same if it goes national. I like the 'dublin-ness' of it, the 20 minute conversations that can happen about something someone spots by the canal, and texts in about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭ya-what-now?

Aw yeah it has to be Ray...he appeals to everyone!

Oooh and I'll give a million euro* to anyone who loves/knows Paul Claffey :D

*not a guarantee

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

sean moncrieff. the only man in radio to talk to "the q man" (who the listeners can't hear) without making the show crappy

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Haven't much to choose from here in the Stix

D'Arcy I can't stand. Don't have Newstalk, though I think it should be a national channel.

Which leaves me with Dave Fanning on 2fm. Hmm

Going OT, but what happened Breffni Clack (sp?) who used to be on TodayFM?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭spiderlegs

Ah NO,YIS ARE FORGETTIN RYAN TUBRIDY when he was on 2fm! The only man who could ever get me laughin and/or dancing about the kitchen at half eight in the morning was him.
    What about Pearl on phantom,Lord she had such a great voice.No one should ever forget Jenny Heuston on 2fm,she rocks socks! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Ray D'arcy just brillant, also Ray Foley can be good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

spiderlegs wrote:
    Ah NO,YIS ARE FORGETTIN RYAN TUBRIDY

no, he is ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Easily_Irritated

Ryan Tubridy is woeful with a face for radio!

Ray D'arcy is great. I'll definatley be tuning in for the Rose of Tralee this year. It'll be like a Lovely Girls competition!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭garred

Usually listen to Gerry Ryan, he may be full of himself but he's a funny bustard. Don't like Darcy, hate Tubirdy and Fanning is a complete and utter arsehule. Like the fm104 boys for a laugh and 98fm morning crew.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I like Ray Darcy.. they sound like they're having so much fun on that show, and laughter is infectious.

I listen to Dave Fanning in the evenings, and Alison Curtis on Sunday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

I'd say Fanning would be my favourite. Used to like Ray Darcy. I just think his show is too reliant on texts from people trying to be funny. Plus he plays a lot of Damien Rice and the like...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 MO141278

the tom obrannagain show on late night talk 98fm is brilliant. crazy world is great. The stubbies...rock.....clint velour....brill.......redz and themovies....nice one.....dermot with the consumer show....woo hoo!!! and the sports.....well i don't care for sports but they must be good if they have it on this long...and margie too thats brilly. Tom and Roz and Lisa and Michelle are just class.

Ray D'Arcy... fantastic music (although playlist always very samey). Himself and the crew (Jenny, Mairead, Will) just sound like they're having great craic... really comes across and makes the show more enjoyable!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

Aw yeah it has to be Ray...he appeals to everyone!

Oooh and I'll give a million euro* to anyone who loves/knows Paul Claffey :D

*not a guarantee
    I am 'familiar' with his work. Not to mention JJ who rings in with the weather....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Maynooth

Mr D'Arcy :D

Advertisement