Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Science...

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

erm no lol im ****ed :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭spiderlegs

You can't fail.Just look over your applied sciences,if you can answer them then you'll pass......I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭Strokesa

Would you pass just with applied science? lets see whats 72 divided by 360 times 100....i cant find a calculator but im getting 10%...no that cant be right...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Why the hell do they ask about cheesemaking and yogurtmaking?! It's mental!
    The food section in general sucks. Argh.

I'd have gotten an A in my science had the examiner counted my marks properly... I recounted them myself and went up by 10%.

Strokesa wrote:
    Would you pass just with applied science? lets see whats 72 divided by 360 times 100....i cant find a calculator but im getting 10%...no that cant be right...
    20%. And not picking up at least 20% in the rest wouldn't be difficult either provided you attempted everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I answered my mock science paper in 15 minutes (I do pass) and got 69%...so I reckon if I try tomorrow I can do alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 dazzyc

You'll pass if you do well in the short questions...duh(hits self). Weve got around 24 pages of Science notes of everything since day one, GOD BLESS YOU MARY!(science teacher)

Best of luck to ye all...nearly there!!! Oh the stress has been unreal, dnt u tink? (runs to shop to buy a bottle of regain)

omg i wish i didnt chose higher now lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭jennyq

Whoa, 99%, well done! I thought I was doing great with 91% XDD
    I'm really hoping there'll be seperate questions for the first half of the physics course & the second half...I love the motion, heat/temperature, forces, electricity & pressure stuff but I don't like light, sound, magnetism & waves...Oh well, will hopefully get the A!

• Advertisement

omg :| u want to make me cry dnt you lol :D
    all i want is a C thats all i want lol :p

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Fenny

Don't worry - that's all I want too. :) I'm horrible at Science though, so I'm slightly terrified about tomorrow. Not a whole lot of time left, but at least it'll be over with then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

I don't think science is as hard as its made out to be...
    Stop over-reacting!

The hardest part is chemistry......hate hate hate...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 X-Man

Im allright at physics in da short questions. In da mock, i got 48 outta 48 in dem.....den I got 14 and 13 in the other two........ :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

I got 48, 46 and 42.

*bows*

• Advertisement

ffs u nerdicles lol
    :( why cant ppl not be failures like me on these forums instead of makin me feel worse lol

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Alqua

I'm hoping to get a C. I used to really like science and found it really easy, then I don't know what happened. Maybe it was that new teacher we got, talk about boring...

Science was such a joke, I was late for the exam and still ended up finishing about 2 hours early, didnt want to be the first to leave and obviously alot of people felt the same because as soon as one person stood up about half the class left.

I finished after an hour. Then I did extra questions (electronics, second biology and chemistry questions, another option in the Food Science). I could have done the Earth Science and Energy Conversions ones if I'd known Boyle's Law and how to draw a dynamo.
    Short questions were a bit tricky in places, but overall there was nothing too horrible.

And now it's OVER. =D

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Irishstabber

I did enough questions was finsihed at 11 but im sure I didnt write enough :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 X-Man

Ok, just finished my JC science..It want as bad as i thought because I managed to attemp some questions.... I ****ed up on the Biolody nd in all the experiment. All in all, i found it a bit of a ****! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Mysteryfish

well, i got an A in science in my mocks but somehow i don't think I'll be getting that in the JC... the short questions were grand, but then on the physics long question I didn't know how to do the experiment to show light is a form of energy...We never did that! we did sound is a form of energy but not LIGHT! I was so angry because that's 9 marks gone! I couldn't do the other physics question cause i didn't know the answers to a pile of stuff.

Biology, okish. Chemistry, meh, again okish...

Probably a C or a B...

Pity.. I don't think I'll be getting any A's except in CSPE, which doesn't really count...

Ah well, I'm just glad that it's OVER! YAY!

I lost a total of 33 marks from not doing questions :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭Strokesa

That was some HARD ****! I added up all the stuff that i think i got right and i got 51% and then afterwards i realised that i got another experiment right that i thought i had made up...well i DID make it up cos i thought it could work...and i got it right! So i think that might bring me up to a C! Wooohoooo thats all i want! And do you get attempt marks in science? Cos i attempted everything so that has to count for something...
    Also, at about 10 past 9 this morning someone asked me what applied sciences i was doing and then i realised id only learnt 1! And it was too late to revise energy conversions which is what my class did when i wasnt paying any attention...so i decided to do the textiles one, and i learnt it for FIVE minutes and im pretty sure i got it right! YAY!
    Im so happy cos now im practically finished, just have italian but thats not til next week and im not studying for it anyway! YAY NO MORE STUDYING YYYYAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Sweetness!

Jakkass wrote:
    ffs u nerdicles lol
    :( why cant ppl not be failures like me on these forums instead of makin me feel worse lol
    Don't worry your not the only failure!
    The Science was ok seeing as I studied feck all for it, so I say I just got a D which I'm quite happy about cause Science is my worst subject.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Flashling

I did everything that we needed to do and a bit more but i have a feeling that I wont get an A...darn. I figure I'm just not going to open my results envelope in front of people, that way I can be horribly disappointed in private, and then refuse to share my results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Sweetness!

Thats what I'm doing. Opening my results in private just so none of my friends can be there screaming about all the A's they got and me being all left out, so I might aswell be left out in my own home :)

Chemisty was so hard i didnt do half of it
    and Food Science was also hard

I really believe I wasted that test...I was finished at 11 and didnt even do extra questions :mad:
    I did do one extra Applied science question though and on question 10 I done a,b and c although your only meant to do two.

Sweetness! wrote:
    Thats what I'm doing. Opening my results in private just so none of my friends can be there screaming about all the A's they got and me being all left out, so I might aswell be left out in my own home :)

Sure just open it near the stupid people, thats what I'm doing. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

What an A, what an A, what an A, what an A, what a might good A!

That was simple.

I calculated that you can lose 54 points and still get an A. I lost nowhere near that amount. I likey.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Alqua

Wow, I was dreading Science and it turned out to be fairly good! I thought the short questions were really easy, (the opposite to the business ones!) and not a singe chemical equasion in sight! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,954 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Fenny

Science went feck for me. I could tell the paper was easy, but I hadn't revised the things that came up - the things I did know didn't come up at all. Just my luck. I think I might have got a C though, so I'll be really happy if I get that.

I want to open my results in private too - that way I can be disappointed at first and convince myself they're good results. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

i just did loads of q's so i might get gud marks...

i did 1 in section a
    both in section b
    both in section c
    5 in applied science out of the 6...
    and the short q's were cheese easy...

I was really happy with the paper. I was worried about chemistry but the thing I know best (distillation) came up so I was sorted. I couldn't believe there were no equations in the short qs, it was great. We only studied 2 applied sciences in class, so I just did those. Earth science was easy enough, especially part A. I skipped the tides, I totally hate them. Then I did materials, which is the easiest one anyway. Can't believe just one more exam & it's all over :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

The Earth question was pure beauty! I didn't know what a "spring tide" was so I mad it up but then at the end I realised you only had to do 2 of the sections of it so I probably got full marks there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭spiderlegs

Yay!!!!!!!!!!! Twas an easy exam.I is one happy lady...........

Advertisement