Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

August Exams?

Options
  • 12-06-2005 11:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭

I'm doing my exams uncapped in August as couldn't do the summer ones - any idea if there's any diff between the summer/august ones or how can ya telll whats coming up? ALso, are they less hard on the marking in August?

3rd year Arts(eng + psy)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Speaking from an elec eng point of view. Yeah there is a difference. My august exams were uncapped last year as well and some stuff that lecturers guaranteed would come up in the summer won't come up in the autumn. It's best if you go to your individual lecturers(e-mail them in advance as getting hold of them in the summer can be quite tough) if possible and just explain your situation to them. They should give you pretty much the same amount of tips you'd get in the summer. Marking doesn't seem to be any different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭TattyTeddy

cheers girl ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

I'm a guy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Akula

any idea when the dates for these get published?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Akula wrote:
    any idea when the dates for these get published?

Talk to your department. They'll be able to give you the best idea. That's what I've always done anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭solice

Last year i think i got my timetable about a 3-4 weeks before the august exams. But take it for granted that all repeat exams will be in the last two weeks of august. Specific dates for specific exams, go to the dept involved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭DawnMc

Most timetables are out on July 25th

Advertisement