Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's the funniest thing???

• 12-06-2005 11:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering, what's the funniest thing that has ever happened in a game/training you were playing in???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I was at a summer camp, aged 17 or 18, end of the day so was in the shower before I headed home.
    It was one of the older girls birthdays at the camp so her friends were drying to pour a big bucket of water over her, they chased her all around then gym, then she runs into the guys changing rooms and into the shower area, face to face with 3 of us taking showers.
    That was her story anyway.

Was also playing a match once where a guy shat himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

lafortezza wrote:
    Was also playing a match once where a guy shat himself.

Briliant...lmao.

I had to ask for subs in the junior sprite cup semi/final(can't remember which) to go take a sh*t.I came running off,high fived the sub,kept running past the bench through the doors,whaththe crowd must have thought,i'd say it was funny looking.First and only time that ever happened.

Are you going down to the courts today???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭hardwoodhero

Ha ha thats pretty good.

My faves are:

* Mark Mulholland puking all over the arena floor during a school under 16 final with the whole school watching. #Then our PE teacher cleening it up.

* Playing UL with only 5 very hung over players at the varsities. One of us was still so drunk he didnt really know what was going on. At half time he wanted to know who we were playing and where were we. Needless to say we got destroyed.

* Seeing RCSI beat UCD.

* watching phil taylor trying to fight kenny gamble. If gamble hadnt of had 6 people pulling him back phil was a dead man.

* we were beating tempelogue by 60 this year and their coach told me that they could have beat us if they wanted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Playing college intervarsities in Cork one year, we had been out on the beer the night before, then were playing UCD early the next day. I had been 'friendly' with a UCC nurse the night before who decided to come along and watch.
    I was feeling so bad and hungover that I didn't recognise her until I walked past her the first time (she said hello, I totally blanked her), she left soon after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭phil

Seen the shorts been ripped off a guy that hadn't got boxers on underneath (with our and the oppositions womens basketball teams watching). He ran into the dressing rooms, with one hand over his crotch and another over his arse, he hadn't got a clue which way to turn.

The funniest one I've ever seen was actually a Gaelic match I played in. Guy was at a party into the early hours, was still drunk the next morning, he was taking slugs of Bulmers from a can at half-time and he still scored 1-2.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

I was at a Limerick Lions game last year, and for some reason Chris Jefferies just stoped and it looked like his nose got hurt (He went down in pain, as if the deffender punched him) and the whole arena goes silent ( everyone loves Chris Jefferies)... and I shout out as loud as I can ... "FOUUULLLLL" ... well the whole place looks to me and then Jefferies looked up... it turned out his contact had fallen out!

My friend was mortified !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

while watching a player at the all ireland clubs final couple yrs ago the infamous Paddy Maher shouted "concentrate, u can make this" just b4 she took second free throw the referee stopped the game and he got ejected , very funny if you know the sort of guy he is haha

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭jimmay

Im opening myself up for alot of abuse but this was funny...
    I was on the bench playing for my school team I think U13 or U14 and my coach tapped me to go on.
    I hadn't been paying attention and my teammate passed me the ball straight away.
    I couldn't believe I was free :) I scored...wow...
    Next thing roars of laughter from the other team...whoops...wrong basket! :D
    I scored an OG in basketball
    I've never seen that done before or since! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

jimmay wrote: »
    Im opening myself up for alot of abuse but this was funny...
    I was on the bench playing for my school team I think U13 or U14 and my coach tapped me to go on.
    I hadn't been paying attention and my teammate passed me the ball straight away.
    I couldn't believe I was free :) I scored...wow...
    Next thing roars of laughter from the other team...whoops...wrong basket! :D
    I scored an OG in basketball
    I've never seen that done before or since! :o
    Ha ha ha that is priceless. I would have loving to see that.

Advertisement