Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geography tiny quick question

Options
  • 12-06-2005 12:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭

Quick question, for fieldwork what geographical skills can you develop??
    what are geographical skills

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

Quick question, for fieldwork what geographical skills can you develop??
    what are geographical skills

your a wee bit hypacritacal arnt ye?

anyway this is exactly what im writing for geo skills:

*i learned how to use a map

*i learned how actual urban theory relates to reality

*i learned how to draw up a survey form and how to conduct interviews with people

*i learned how to record and present information, eg, survey form, pie charts and bar charts.

*i learned how to work in a group situation and to enjoy the dynamics of group interaction

that will get you the full 10 marks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Da_IRISH_ONE4U

*i learned how to draw up a survey form and how to conduct interviews with people

*i learned how to record and present information, eg, survey form, pie charts and bar charts.

*i learned how to work in a group situation and to enjoy the dynamics of group interaction

Do you have to have that many points?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭vote4pedro

Only make two points. Two sentences for each, each point getting 5 marks. You can just waffle a second sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

vote4pedro wrote:
    Only make two points. Two sentences for each, each point getting 5 marks. You can just waffle a second sentence.

or you could write down the 5 like i did and get a guarenteed 2 marks for each point, which = 10!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Fortinbras'

Oh ok thanks, just slightly hipocritical never even did a fieldwork its my extra subject, i though the skills would have to have something to do with geography thats why i was confused thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Oakbark

You can say that you used:

Investigative/research skills: Like book research, looking through internet, finding info from the Ordnance Survey maps, etc.

Communicative skills: Got permission/assistance from science teacher for experiments/tasks, learned how to speak in front of an audience on your investigation, learned how to work in a team and assign tasks to other team members, etc.

Stuff like that. Good Luck. =)

Oakbark wrote:
    Communicative skills: Got permission/assistance from science teacher for experiments/tasks, learned how to speak in front of an audience on your investigation, learned how to work in a team and assign tasks to other team members, etc.

Are communicative skills a geographical skill? :confused:

It doesn't say geographical skills, just skills. And since these are skills you could learn from undertaking a fieldwork study, i think they're valid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Said geographical skills last year. It'd be ok to use most of the ones chillywilly said

Waltons wrote:
    Said geographical skills last year.

My mock paper asked for geographical skills as well.

• Advertisement

Sorry maybe it asked it in a year further back, i assume those skills would be okay provided you link them to the fieldwork. Go with CW in case i guess :p

Advertisement