Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

extract information from jpeg

Options
  • 12-06-2005 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭

hey,

i have a jpeg image of a team logo and i want to extrat the font of the lettering and the colour. is there anyway to find out what they are? i have a font and colour that is close but it doesnt look the best because you can tell the difference between my font/colours and the logo.

cheers
    moe

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Most decent graphics editors have a colour picker (sometimes looks like a syringe) tool, that'll let you hover or click on a colour and give you it's RGB (or CMYK, or whatever you're using) colour values.

To the best of my knowledge, the font name isn't going to be stored in the JPEG, as it's just written in bits to the JPEG, as against a layered component holding meta data. Your editor may have put a comment in the EXIF data of the JPEG with the font name but while a cool idea, I've not heard of an editor that will do that. Open to correction on that.

.cg

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭peterd

Advertisement