Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

xbox

Options
  • 12-06-2005 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭

has anybody managed to install an xbox into your car or no of anyone?
    Im thinking its a much better option than PS2 because its more of a media centre?
    any help appreciated
    chris :cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭bonzai bob

what a waste of money, 'pimp my ride' is a bad influence on people these days!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

do you mind?
    All im looking for is information not your oppinion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

If you go with an xbox you will need an inverter to power it. I havent done it myself, but your local car customisers will know everything you need to.

Pop on over to www.racershaven.com or www.maxed-irl.com for more. There will be someone who will give you all the detail you want, as I can almopst guarantee there will be someone who has done it.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭kermit_ie

Try www.cruiseirl.com none of that boy racer ****e here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Hear Hear! ~waves order papers~

Some idiots on that site. Look at the rubber on fire! :eek:

Also see this http://www.cruiseirl.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9409 trying to subvert the authority of the state. Scumbags

• Advertisement

kermit_ie wrote:
    Try www.cruiseirl.com none of that boy racer ****e here

Now there's no need to start that. Not everyone that wants their car to be slightly different is a boy racer......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Funxy

Its always nice to be a little different, i love gadgets :D Im sure its not a million miles different to hooking up a ps2 so the best thing to do is contact a local garage/shop which sells/installs car audio as they'll probably be able to help you out :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Off to the west coast !

thanks alot to those who didnt post pointless posts,all i want to do is change certain parts of ICE.
    cheers anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 5,978 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

I know a guy with an xbox in his IS200 - as said before, some of the better ICE places will know how to do it. If you know anyone into their cars, they should be able to point you in the right direction. I also find that modded car owners are pretty willing to talk about their motors so just get talking to someone who has a decent one.

Also, car modding was around LONG before 'pimp my ride'. That show is not a good example as it has no sense of style, just over the top American influence. Modding really hit the big time mainstream in the 1950's with American hotrods (although it had existed for some time before that in the underground).

Why shoot down someone who is asking an honest question? Do you know that he is a boy racer? Maybe the bloke just wants an xbox in his car?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Funxy

Yea dont mind the negative comments, some people just like coming to msg boards to let off steam. Although not really fair to attack for no reason but at least youll have a pimped car and they wont ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 HOT_ALPHA_MALE

Put it under the seat of your car so you can watch it while you clean under the seat of your car.

I would be wary of putting an xbox under a car seat....it's basically a pc, and because of this heats up a fair bit and needs some decent vetalation (spelling??)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 HOT_ALPHA_MALE

If you had a west coast cooler in there then problem solved.

You could mount a circular LCD screen on your steering wheel aswell to increase the chance of crashing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

only bummer i know of with the Xbox is that you may not be able to use a touchscreen with XMBC

as for boy racers, pretty hilarious stereotype. Id hardly conisder myself a boy racer in a VW Passat without wheeltrims on standard black rims!

I know a guy with an xbox in his IS200 - as said before, some of the better ICE places will know how to do it. If you know anyone into their cars, they should be able to point you in the right direction. I also find that modded car owners are pretty willing to talk about their motors so just get talking to someone who has a decent one.

Also, car modding was around LONG before 'pimp my ride'. That show is not a good example as it has no sense of style, just over the top American influence. Modding really hit the big time mainstream in the 1950's with American hotrods (although it had existed for some time before that in the underground).

Why shoot down someone who is asking an honest question? Do you know that he is a boy racer? Maybe the bloke just wants an xbox in his car?

cheers for that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭kdevitt

I think I remember reading thats its advisable to use a laptop harddrive, its able to take slightly more vibration than a normal one. It's dead simple to wire up after that - get the invertor to power it up, and then you'll just need to feed the wiring up from the boot into your TV source, and the audio into the aux input of your headunit.

I did it for the laugh in my old car, I was going to start selling on the screens as I was getting them at a great price - used one of the cheap megadrive things for the input,

monitor1.jpg

Despite all the crap that some of the assholes have replied to you, the xBox is fantastic in your car - take it into the house, copy your full CD collection onto it and away you go.... and it would all work out cheaper than an iPod...

Thanks alot kdevitt,
    post was really helpfull!
    Whats the "cheap megadrive things" you used for input?
    Cheers
    Chris :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭kdevitt

chrismon wrote:
    Thanks alot kdevitt,
    post was really helpfull!
    Whats the "cheap megadrive things" you used for input?
    Cheers
    Chris :cool:

http://www.firebox.com/index.html?dir=firebox&action=product&pid=864

It only cost €30 or so, I just wanted to test the screens, but left it in because it was a good laugh.

Advertisement