Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For those doing Geography!

• 12-06-2005 1:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭

Which are you studying harder for, Maths or Geography?

Which exam are you studying harder for? 35 votes

Maths Paper 2
    0% 0 votes
    Geography
    34% 12 votes
    I'm not studying for either because I'm crazy!
    65% 23 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Fortinbras'

Binomate wrote:
    Which are you studying harder for, Maths or Geography?

geography

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭*Roisin*

Define studying hard?! :)

I can answer this question by saying I'm doing a little study for Geog, none for maths. Might not be relevant tho seeing as I'm only doing pass maths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭<Jonny>

I'm not studying for either because I'm crazy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 jdevlin

Geog all the way and a bit of history too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

Maths paper 2. I'll fail maths if I don't do very well in that paper. I'm not that worried about geography because I know enough of the economic and social stuff to get through it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Maths. I made a mess of paper 1, and I need a C3 or above in honours.

Also, I got an A1 in the mocks for Geography, so I'm sorted tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭thegloriousend

How is it possible to get an A1 in Geogers? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Fortinbras'

In the pre i got 89 in fieldwork,98 in regional,96in physical and 44 in the map section!
    I just cant do the map!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

You can get it if you suck the your exam marker off.

What?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

Geography and English are my worst subjects, same teacher for both. How do you suck up to the examiner though? Its not really a personal-engagement kind of subject, GG, is it?
    All I know is you should write about four pieces of information for all antiquities/settlements/other in ordnance survey, don't just pinpoint the item, basically nail it to the spot (eg. one kilometre from the River X, to the north of the N99 about two kilometres south-west of Ytown at a height of 50m near an unnamed deciduous forest...blah blah blah...random bs amounting to four lines!) thats what we were told on a grinds course anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

upmeath wrote:
    Geography and English are my worst subjects, same teacher for both. How do you suck up to the examiner though? Its not really a personal-engagement kind of subject, GG, is it?
    All I know is you should write about four pieces of information for all antiquities/settlements/other in ordnance survey, don't just pinpoint the item, basically nail it to the spot (eg. one kilometre from the River X, to the north of the N99 about two kilometres south-west of Ytown at a height of 50m near an unnamed deciduous forest...blah blah blah...random bs amounting to four lines!) thats what we were told on a grinds course anyway!

i think he said suck off a different affair altogether from sucking up....

Emm... are u talking about a grid reference or the photo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭the smiley one

upmeath wrote:

I always thought it was in blocks of 3 - like, 3 reasons for everything etc....

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Fieldwork. Learn it. 25%
    Physical. Learn it. 25%
    Mapwork. Keep talking for as long as possible. Stick in random Grid Refs. 20%
    Regional. Learn countries. Learn few well, rather than lots a little. 20%

= 90% = A1

And btw, I wrote 28 pages in my mock to achieve that. Including diagrams it was another 4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

snappieT wrote:
    Regional. Learn countries. Learn few well, rather than lots a little.

****!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

*Roisin* wrote:
    Define studying hard?! :)

doin geo [not v well i might add] but i plan to briefly go over maths for an hour or so because of disastrous p1

ok just realised its quarter past 7 and havnt looked at either... i pick crazy option!!

And btw, I wrote 28 pages in my mock to achieve that. Including diagrams it was another 4
    Fo Shiz Nit:eek: I wrote 17 and my hand felt like a printer after the exam!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Shinny-dee

Binomate wrote:
    i got an A1 too an did no sucking if any part of d anatomy so that kinda wrecks your theory!!

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭teejay

ha ha geography cos i did honersmaths n only dropped 2pass after the pre n now i don't have 2worry bout it cos its piss easy!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Advertisement