Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to change number of rings before Message Service?

• 12-06-2005 1:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭

Hello,

A slightly odd request but something I've never understood.

My phone only rings about 4 times before putting the caller through to my message service. I've noticed other people's phones seem to be set up to ring for a lot longer, if not continuously, before their message service kicks in.

Is there some way of adjusting how many times your phone rings?

I'm using a Nokia 6100 on O2's Speakeasy service.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭dshakey

to change the number of rings..
    type in **61*08X5XXXXXXX**30#
    and then press dail

were the X's are put ur number

the 30 is the seconds you can change this from between 1-60

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭stag39

thanks a million dshakey!!

i myself was wondering the same thing..

This doesn't work on O2 Speakeasy - they don't allow prepaid customers to modify or cancel their diverts. Just tried it this second on a Motorola V620 and it said "Call Barred". :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 243 ✭✭kevmac

Brilliant question.

How do I do it for Vodafone?

kevmac wrote:
    Brilliant question.

How do I do it for Vodafone?
    Should work the same way. It's a standard GSM code that will work on any network provided that the operator haven't restricted it. Vodafone haven't so just do what's been mentioned here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭blobert

Thanks for the tip,

Just tired on my Speakeasy Nokia 6100 but unfortunately it says not allowed.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Like I said in post 4 - doesn't work on O2 speakeasy.

So is there no way of doing this on a Speakeasy Phone? If I were to unlock the phone would it make any difference? Am I doomed to miss about half of all calls because I'm too slow to answer them?

Thanks anyway though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭BigMoose

Unlocking it will make no difference (unless you use a VF SIM!) as it's a network restriction to allow this setting to be changed by the subscriber or not. Have you called O2 and asked them to change it? They are able to change it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭kermit_ie

Ring Customer Care...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

kermit_ie wrote:
    Ring Customer Care...
    No real point in ringing them. They will only increase it from 15 to 20 secs. Its not in their business interests to allow you to modify them.

Bond-007 wrote:
    No real point in ringing them. They will only increase it from 15 to 20 secs. Its not in their business interests to allow you to modify them.

That's exactly what they did, they claim they can't extend it beyond 20 seconds, quite annoying. They did give me the option of getting rid of my messaging service altogether, though I don't really want that either. So now I've got a whole 5 seconds extra ringing for my troubles, I'm obviously delighted.

Its not in their business interests to allow you to modify them.

VF obviously dont see the amount of calls going to voicemail and then people calling back as a major business revenue earner as they allow you to set anything up to 60 seconds (I think! It might be 30, cant remember). Maybe if you threaten to port O2 will be more helpful. Although they probably wont care.

BigMoose wrote:
    Maybe if you threaten to port O2 will be more helpful. Although they probably wont care.

Not sure what you mean. If it's report them, then to who?

Thanks

port = change networks. In many cases if a network is refusing to do what you want but they are well capable of doing it but they just cant be bothered, threatening to move to another network will sometimes get what you want. Esp in this case you can say that VF do offer what you're asking for.

Advertisement