Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geography!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

How much spare time?
    And lol, you say MOM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

IrishStabber: At least as many Irish people died in that tsunami as died in that bus crash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

What's wrong with saying 'mom', huh?

Found geography way easy. Not too many case studies came up, which is excellent. I had loads of time so I did all of the questions except for number 2 since I didn't know a New Town case study. My exam started 15 minutes late though 'cause our supervisor (they're not actually the examiner, btw) was off out somewhere. So we had the time made up afterwards although I left like half an hour early anyway.

Way easier than the mock, I felt, so I should have done pretty well on that one...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Mysteryfish

Diarmsquid wrote:
    And lol, you say MOM.

What? what's so weird about saying Mom? That's all I call her. Do you call your parents by their names or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

I call my mother "mom"....

Paper wasn't too bad, short questions were a little harder than other years (as in I had to guess some of them!), but other than that it was ok.

And what's with all this having extra time stuff? I only did 3 questions and finished on the buzzer, did 3, 4 and 5, took about 4 or 5 pages in total...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Irishstabber

Raphael wrote:
    IrishStabber: At least as many Irish people died in that tsunami as died in that bus crash.
    But we don't notice that as much as it was an international disaster as opposed to the bus crash which was fully Irish

Fobia wrote:
    And what's with all this having extra time stuff? I only did 3 questions and finished on the buzzer, did 3, 4 and 5, took about 4 or 5 pages in total...
    Well, I did my short questions REALLY fast. I literally just flicked through them. Probably shouldn't have but meh, didn't get stumped by any.

Can't remember how many pages it took. I just remember writing goddamn far too much for the population pyramid one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,474 ✭✭✭✭Victor

"Mom" is a very "Mummy", 4-wheel drive in the suburbs, middle-class word.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=200004

Yeah, that's was i trying to say (Victor to the rescue again, I was scared, they were all ganging up on me!).

One of my mates in school says MOM too and we give him a right slaggin about it.

YOU AMERICAN WANNABEES!

'cause our supervisor (they're not actually the examiner, btw) was off out somewhere.
    I thought the official word was "Superintendant"?

• Advertisement

You say "mammy" I presume? I wouldn't call myself an american wannabee...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Phew, I'm all set for the "What I call my mother exam", now. I think "Mam" will do.

I recommend you learn off sheep tongue for that exam--"MAAA"

Dont forget YORE.

Fobia wrote:
    Mam.
    And I'm sorry for calling you an american wannabee, that's low. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Nearly everyone I know calls there Mother Mom. :rolleyes:
    That exam was SO easy.I was expecting loads of case studies and stuff...thank God they didnt come up :D

I guessed alot of mine! Tomorrow's gonna be pretty heavy but then I'm pretty much free!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Fenny

Geography was fine, I made a huge mistake and forgot to answer part C of the Mixed Geography question, so that's 10 marks down the drain. Other than that, it went great. My sketch map left a lot to be desired, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭modular

I took the perfectionist route on the sketch map and drew mine perfectly scaled down to quarter size. That way, I could measure any distances to make it more accurate.

I always spend way too long on sketch maps.

Is it not meant to be half size!!!---teacher never shuts up about half size

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭modular

Well half the width, and half the height. That makes quarter size.

Our teacher never told us how to do sketch maps.

The half length/half width thing is for OS map sketches, not arial photographs, for these they just have to be in the same shaps....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭*MmmPie*

Our teacher told us that the half width/length thing is for both OS maps and Aerial Photos...otherwise how are you supposed to fit the Sketch Map on your answersheet...???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Diarmsquid wrote:
    I thought the official word was "Superintendant"?
    Invigilator afaik.

I say mom sometimes, I picked it up from Americans I talk to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Fobia wrote:
    if you dont mind me saying isnt this going a bit offtopic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭jennyq

I thought the Geography was grand. I had been a bit worried about it, because with Geography & History there's so much in the textbooks & I always stress because I don't know so much from the book (which isn't even required).

I was a bit disappointed that we didn't get to draw a sketch map, because I hate drawing photographs & love drawing OS maps (I know there's not much difference really). Two of my friends drew sketch maps of the OS map by accident, because we'd practised them more in class. Silly! I did the Climate & Tourism question, the one with the Urban Development/Low Population Densities questions & the Geographical mix leaving out part A. I started two extra questions, but got bored half way through both & stopped :p

Jakkass wrote:
    if you dont mind me saying isnt this going a bit offtopic

Well the exam is over now and this thread is just going to die off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭*MmmPie*

UNLESS...No, you're right, its just gonna fade away...

Fade away like everything I ever knew about geography.
    YEAH!

• Advertisement

YES!!! no more geography!!!

Advertisement