Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

-!History!-

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Irishstabber

I hope you began by telling about the coup by Fidel and the americans werent satisfied with a commie regime---its wasnt good for their capitalist interests in the country....then failed invasion Bay of Pigs and then Fidel invites the ruskies ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Big Ears

I hope you began by telling about the coup by Fidel and the americans werent satisfied with a commie regime---its wasnt good for their capitalist interests in the country....then failed invasion Bay of Pigs and then Fidel invites the ruskies ;)

Didn't bother to talk about bay of pigs other than that it was pretty much my introductuion .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭spiderlegs

yeah ACTUALLY :p Ahem....Cuba is situated 90 miles off the coast of America.The sad thing is now I know all this History and it is of no real use........ :rolleyes: Feckin typical........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Big Ears

spiderlegs wrote:
    yeah ACTUALLY :p Ahem....Cuba is situated 90 miles off the coast of America.The sad thing is now I know all this History and it is of no real use........ :rolleyes: Feckin typical........

I also mentioned the 90 mile thing , more of a geographic thing though .

Ah would ya stop.I did well dont take that away from me...........please for the love oh god

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭newgrange

Sounds like you all did fine. The thing is though, if any of your schools had actually got you to do a project and TALK to a person who lived through the war period, any of them who had lived in a city would have mentioned the glimmerman. This is the problem with learning relatively recent social history from books.

Onwards and upwards - I'm sure most of you must have the bulk of your papers over now.

Words of wisdom indeed,but they wouldn't get me doin no project........... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Casserine

I thought it was alright..the pictures were harder than usual. For Q4 I did the knight and then one on Michael Collins. I don't know if my Collin's one was okay, it wasn't that long. For the last question I did Irish 20th Century and the last Europe one. Wasn't too bad, I hope. For some reason I doubt I'll get my hoped-for A. A B, maybe,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭jennyq

I never did any projects or anything, I just knew it from my book. I didn't really understand the big fuss about that, unless it's not in other books or something...

• Advertisement

yeah!i had my leaving cert history today!im hoping to get an a!few things i should clear up for ye if ye are doing leaving cert history!hitler really had one ball!padraig pearse liked young boys but he never acted on it!rasputin was a drunk sexual mysogonist who used everybody around him!oh yeah!please check out my link!it was so accurate for me!

Advertisement