Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eminem mayhem in Drogheda!

• 12-06-2005 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭

From Saturday's Mirror

In Drogheda, Co.Louth, cars and vans were pelted with bottles by fans who had lined up outside the Sound Shop on the North Quay.

A mother who waited outside the Sound Shop in Drogheda with her children was horrified by the scenes.

She said: “They were throwing glasses at cars and lorries going by”

“There were people selling drugs and hash to kids as young as 13. I had my two children with me. They were actually smoking it near me.”

The owner of the Drogheda Sound Shop, Tommy Leddy, could not open the front door of his store for fear that some thugs would cause a crush.

Mr. Leddy said: “It was a bit intimidating. We couldn’t open the doors. I threatened the shop was not going to open at all unless they behaved . We then let them in the doors.”

“the first 50 were the unruly ones. The guards were down and they quietly kept an eye on what was going on. If we’d let them in the fornt door there could have been a crush.”

Tut tut!!! Can you believe it???.........Well I sure can.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

And where were the parents?

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

All I have to say is typical... You wouldn't get that sort of thing queing up for any other artists.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 avacado

ye my sister was there,my mam left her down at 1230 n came home n rang the guards,she actually got a trolley thrown towards d car. You cant blame eminem,its all the eejets in drogheda

There was two arrested in Navan too afaik. They were queing up for the tickets aswell.

Can you imagine working security at that gig?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

avacado wrote:
    You cant blame eminem,its all the eejets in drogheda

That's what I think as well

Papa Smut wrote:
    Can you imagine working security at that gig?
    Yeah, I'd say there might be a few "gangs" roaming around Slane Castle alright. Looking to "pop a cap" in each others asses... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Kenshi

Well said .You can't blame him. I am from Dorgheda and can tell you that there is alot of scumbags around. I am going to that concert and sorta dreading it now know that the scum of the earth will be there. If any scum are reading this will you please just get a life and let some of us actually enjoy the concert.

Advertisement