Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF2 demo hacks and tweaks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

We shall look into it no problem. We already have the server hacked for no timlimit and also have it up to 64man :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Those new guns look very nice, though i was wondering why they were second guns in top right when choosing your class

just been searching around works for single player (theres a mod that does it for ya) plus some other guy has just released the weapons for other side, which i'll try in a minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Winters wrote:
    We shall look into it no problem. We already have the server hacked for no timlimit and also have it up to 64man :)

do this trick much easier and faster
    open up unlocks.py in Battlefield 2 Demo\python\stats and change

defaultUnlocks = [0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0]

to

defaultUnlocks = [1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1]

Edit that on a server and anyone can join and play, no mods required.

I changed kit unlocks also now it works for everybody
    kitUnlocks = [0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0]
    for item in unlocks:
    if item in unlockItemMap:
    kitUnlocks[unlockItemMap[item]] = 1

tried on local game, works nice! :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I've ****ed em bf2
    deleted those vids and edited the line
    can't get it back to normal, put the movies abck in place
    can someone upload the file ( gpm_cq.py ) located
    Server\mods\bf2\python\game\gamemodes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Other file in that folder pls kd

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

lol Lenny

just overwrite the attached document over your excisting document in your
    C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2 Demo\python\bf2\stats\

everything is already edited in the file I've attached, run the game, create local game, or join single player, enjoy ;)

Bah, back to reinstall now I have to,.... and I think i deleted it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Winters wrote:

tbh 64 man is a bit much. Lags a hell of alot more. My ping was 23 on tig server and got some fierce lag spikes, and with a ping of 90 odd on a diff server had a pretty smoth game with no major lag

• Advertisement

I was having no problems with lag on the server earlier when it was near full. Was just insane with that amount of people on the map.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

hopefully itll be sorted in the final release. i suppose atm with so few servers youve got ppl from all the place over connecting with crappy pings, not exactly helping. Hopefully itll sort itself out anyway, sure i remember not playing bfv for ages online cause of its sh!tty net code at first

As with all Battlefield's ... give it a patch or two ;)

As far as netcode goes, the bf2 demo seems far more stable and solid then the bf42 v1.0 or bfv 1.0 code ever was. :)

Advertisement