Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geography Q1 and Q3

Options
  • 12-06-2005 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭

I know there's about 500 different possibilities of what map and photograph may accompany the paper tomorrow, but does anybody want to field a wild guess as to what town(s) we might be commenting on tomorrow? I reckon it'll be a North Leinster provincial town, maybe Cavan, Navan or Drogheda. Maybe I'm just mad. Anybody else as mad as me? Console me... Who knows, maybe we'll come back to this thread tomorrow and one of us will have been right...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Q1 is simple. I hope a question comes up on why it developed at a certain area. I had the questions on forrestry.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Scratch Acid

Excuse me.
    I'm going to go completely off topic for a second.
    Does anyone else find the phrase "deposits its load" vaguely amusing?

FIN

(And no, I have no idea.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

eh... im asking where you think the map section is going to be of, not what sort of questions they ask! just out of curiosity! it was ballina last year, that pretty much rules out a connacht/donegal question, carlow in 03, rules out south leinster, and kinsale in 02, so bring on somewhere local for me!!! btw scratch acid i see you're from meath too, u a nyavan head?

depositing its load... hawhaw. what about the notion of a swallow hole or a blowhole? deflation hollow? who thinks up these names?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

a coastal map

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i don't see how it being local will be a help to be honest.

you can only give your reasons based on map evidence, you can't say ohh i know this fact becuase i drive past it every day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

Cremo wrote:

you can only give your reasons based on map evidence, you can't say ohh i know this fact becuase i drive past it every day.

yeah but im just pondering on where it might be, thats all!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Cremo wrote:

Spot on. Might be a disadvantage if anything. My geog teacher always laments the year that Dublin came up in 1998 - so many students simply went off their personal knowledge and ignored the map. Oh dear...

...He was correcting that year though- and there was an even worse story than that: Someone spoke at length of the river which encircled Dublin, which could be used for sea transportation - boats, barges etc. The name of the river? Ah yes, the good old M50... Oops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Fortinbras'

NoelRock wrote:
    Spot on. Might be a disadvantage if anything. My geog teacher always laments the year that Dublin came up in 1998 - so many students simply went off their personal knowledge and ignored the map. Oh dear...

...He was correcting that year though- and there was an even worse story than that: Someone spoke at length of the river which encircled Dublin, which could be used for sea transportation - boats, barges etc. The name of the river? Ah yes, the good old M50... Oops.

oh no, did they loose marks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 rose**

page 6 of the less stress more success book says---" mark and name (or label) are seperate directions, and marks will be awarded for each seperatly."

what the hell does that mean!?

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Mark means give a Grid Ref (T 666 666)
    Names means name: (Satan's Well)

• Advertisement
Advertisement