Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unsolved Mysteries

• 12-06-2005 4:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭

Who here remembers this show?, I was watching a film last night where they used the program in a small part of it cant remember the name of the film. I lovedd the presenters voice and his beige over coat!.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Yeah, I remember it. They used to show it on Sky One years ago.

The late Robert Stack was the presenter, if I remember correctly. Also starred in the movie 'Airplane!' I could be wrong here, but I think it sounded like it was him who also did the voice of the ATF agent who was chasing after Beavis and Butthead in 'Beavis and Butthead Do America'. The guy who was obsessed with giving everybody he came across full body cavity searches! :eek: :D It certainly sounded like him, anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

oh i vaguely remember that show on sky one , it used to really scare me as a kid , I think thats what kept me watching.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

This link may be of benefit:
    http://www.tvtome.com/UnsolvedMysteries/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

I could be wrong here, but I think it sounded like it was him who also did the voice of the ATF agent who was chasing after Beavis and Butthead in 'Beavis and Butthead Do America'. The guy who was obsessed with giving everybody he came across full body cavity searches! :eek: :D It certainly sounded like him, anyway.

Yep, it was him.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0115641/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

I used to love it, scared the **** out of me. Remember they had billy the kid on it, ha ha.

• Advertisement

Skared the bejesus out of me too , but not as much as crimewatch UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

OLDYELLAR wrote:
    Skared the bejesus out of me too , but not as much as crimewatch UK.

Yeah, Nick Ross is one scary ba$tard! :rolleyes:

"Don't have nightmares, do sleep well!" ;):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

an unsolved mysteries parody is in BASEketball aswell, i think they got the same guy to do it too.

i can't remember the show that well - to know the presenter - but i do remember the show.

Yeah, Nick Ross is one scary ba$tard! :rolleyes:

"Don't have nightmares, do sleep well!" ;):D
    Seriously crimewatch is on at 9 tomorrow , watch it , it is actually pretty scarey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

I used to love this, all the stories of ghosts and guys who went out for milk but disapeared and the guy who claimed he was the real Billy the Kid and the Roswell special.

Also all the 'law enforcement proffesionals' were class!

• Advertisement

That freaky music...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,253 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Maybe *you* could help solve a mystery...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

Wow this kept going until 2002, I'd no idea. It probably wasn't the same without robert stack* though. I think the one I remember most was the american soldier who claimed to have found the remains of noahs ark near mt ararat in turkey, of course they never found anything but it was entertaining nontheless :)

*he also did the voice of Ultra Magnus in the transformers movie

I had no idea it lasted that long either , I just remember it as a kid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

i thought william shatner presented the show, meh shows what i know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Mick Jockson

Where them stories based on real events?
    Like the missing ppl cases, for example.

Advertisement