Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

all geog students read!!!!!

• 12-06-2005 4:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭

alrite...i no everyone is saying italy and seas for tomorrows (oh ****!!!!) geog exam....has anyones teacher told them this info too or the institute??? or is it just the students coming to these conclusions?????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭andrew163

Mo mhúinteoir said to study basically everything for physical geography because they're sneaky buggers, and More then likely either Italy or France. France comes up virtually every year and Italy came up in the mocks. It's not a 100% certainty though.... :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

went to institute at easter.... teacher said he could 'hear the dogs on grafton street barking seas/coasts'
    and that he had ''strong feelings for''
    *natural resources
    *enviroment [kyoto protocol]
    *eu enlargement
    he also kept saying ''lets rock and roll guys and gals...'' which got extremely irratating after a while!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

the 'tute teacher guaranteed me that if we did spain and france we were sorted, i didnt do spain in school other than as a distinctive geographical region within the mediterranean zone, but i feel its safe to replace it with italy considering italy didnt appear last year
    don't expect any shocks, its the last year of the syllabus
    also, the institute class ONLY did the sea in physical, i was never offered notes of any kind on glaciation, rivers, desert or karst regions. so i think its pretty safe to focus on that too considering it didnt make an appearance last year either!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

I only really did Spain, but Ive been looking over Italy a bit, i need to do more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭sarahg_angel69

iv done coasts and italy but thats it, doesnt come up im ****ed!!! ha!! but in all fairness i went into the english exam ONLY knowing yeats!!! i would marry the amn if he was alive!!!

• Advertisement

i would marry the man if he was alive!!!
    so would i, and im a straight guy.
    yeats rules!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 RanderNew

I learned nigeria in full, but just glanced at Italy aswell,, am i fooked??

i swear a tear rolled down my face wen i saw those two famous letters "W.B"

NIGERIA???? yes ur fooked!! it has to be a western european country!!!
    unless i dont no where nigeria is!!! dey have neva asked nigeria, ever!! i hope ur taking the piss?? actually i think u are :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Bright Smile

Ive done rivers, ice, sea and all the tails....
    france,italy and norway under core periphary and a third region....
    the med as a distinct region....
    problems of a core & solutions
    problems of a peripheral (x2 mezz&northern norway) and solutions....
    have to go over fieldwork and look at mapwork...
    Am i fully covered now is my question?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 avacado

does ne1 have notes on core n periphery in france r spain?

has to be taking the piss, they dont even ask questions on britain, never mind west african countries.. ever!

im actually pissin myself here at that poor fool who learned (???????????) nigeria!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

anyone know what are the chances of both rivers and glaciation not coming up?

could be likely!!! rivers and glaciation both have come up on their own out of seas rivers and glaciation..........................the sea hasnt!! could be its year!! learn the sea mate!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Scraggs wrote:
    went to institute at easter.... teacher said he could 'hear the dogs on grafton street barking seas/coasts'
    and that he had ''strong feelings for''
    *natural resources
    *enviroment [kyoto protocol]
    *eu enlargement
    he also kept saying ''lets rock and roll guys and gals...'' which got extremely irratating after a while!

Then...you had...Mr. Campbell! I had him for economics all year there, oh I loved him - he reminds me of Ross Gellar from 'friends' when he's a teacher!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭sephirosis

is there much of a chance that a regional division actually WONT come up? i know its the last year and all but still they might decide to leave it out like (i think) in 2003. i know if it doesnt come up a core/periphery surely will, but most prefer division.
    im working on the basis that it will appear so im doing italy and norway (and looking at some of the posts here, probably cramming spain tonight). ill probably do coasts best, then look over map and field. am i limiting myself too much? any part of the paper being different to what i expect could be fatal :rolleyes:

dey say u shud learn
    1 med country
    1 scandinavian
    1 western europe

instead of spain prob shud look over france or germany,

coasts is a near must

but still on d day u jus never no....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Droogie

What are the "mediterranean countries"? Spain and France are two right?

think only d south of france is inclded in med.defo spain n italy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

I wouldn't put so much into regions. It's way too hard for what it's worth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Oakbark

Okay, i know this is a lot but to cover yourself:

Learn the sea, rivers and glaciation for physical.

Learn 1 of each region like avacado has said above, going in depth perhaps with core/periphery for italy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭trishemurphy

i'm just doing norway natural resources and sea i'm good right just don't upset me and tell me i'm good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

NoelRock wrote:
    Then...you had...Mr. Campbell! I had him for economics all year there, oh I loved him - he reminds me of Ross Gellar from 'friends' when he's a teacher!

checked my notes its him! he was very cool and actually he does have ross-like qualities!!!

Is it really really crazy 4 me to be leaving out physical completly?
    [except 4 photo and os map but not sure if they count as phys]

and what is likelyhood of a reg division q not comin up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Id say Italy or Spain are most likely to come up, italy being the more likely one between the two, we never did france so if you had france and italy learnt id say learning italy a bit more. But after looking over the paper on a few years it either give you a list of countries OR ask you divide a country into two or more distinctive regions into Core and Periphery regions with their characteristics. Our Geography teacher said to study either Coasts or Glaciation but Coasts more likely. If any of you are worried dont be, i find Geography to be one of the more less stress exams but if you do the above and if you have a field study question and revised a bit of your O.S map questions you will be fine. Everyone good luck and post back with your views on the paper ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Lynibeth

When you say coast, what do you mean? *confused*

the sea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Coasts would be the formations for:

Erosion:
    1) Wave Cut Platform (cliff)
    2) Sea Stack

Depostion:
    1) Beach
    2) Sand Spit

Only Study these, there is no reason to study the others because they will ask in the exam to do either TWO Depostion and ONE Erosion or TWO Erosion and ONE Deposition. The Other formations such as Tombolo are to short and you should write as much as possable, but if your stuck and you know the other landforms then you should write on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

You can choose yourself whether you do two deposition and one erosion or two erosion and one deposition.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

Binomate wrote:
    You can choose yourself whether you do two deposition and one erosion or two erosion and one deposition.

genau, and acutally it doesn't specify at all. It could be 3 erosional features but it gives u more scope to talk about a feature of deposition

Advertisement