Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF2 menu = the worst menu I've ever seen

Options
  • 12-06-2005 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭

the layout is nice and I like it but my god it's SLOW! and whenever I click refresh on servers it locks up for like 30 seconds, then it displays bunch of servers with 0 ping and for some reason scrolling becomes very very slow while I'm on those 0 ping servers, once I scroll down a bit and normal(real) ping servers are displayed it goes normal again but still slow

is it the same for you guys?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Yeah I don't like it either. If you try and enter it ingame, it takes like 5 seconds to respond.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭ShevY

its pretty annoying, for me doing anything in the menu can cause random 30 lockups.

While playing a few time its locked up for 30s or so with sound repeating, but then comes back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

I dont have any problems with it maybe the full game or a patch will fix your problems

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I have the same problem with all the servers showing 0 ping, an it getting ****ty when trying to look through the servers

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭dieselfreak

Yep.. I get the 0 ping servers and very unstable behaviour when scrolling through the list...

Also the Filters dont always work, showing full and empty servers, when I have them ommitted

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

In old BF42 that screen kept refreshing while you were playing and lagging out the game , hope they remembered that.

It is stupid no sign of the snazzy menu we meant to get with tonnes of filters etc:

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

Same problem here.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭hairball

yup and here too..hopefully it's just a buggy demo...cos you'd lose the plot waiting like that every time just to scroll through a server list , never mind loading times
    also I'm crashing out to a blue screen a fair bit....(also it could be because I'm just being stubbourn about reducing my settings;))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

/sign

Hoping it is just the demo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

Im getting same problems mentioned above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Zyox

I'd say more RAM would help in all cases. I was running it at had a peek at how much it was using (out of my 1gig memory) and it was sitting there very fatly upon 650megs.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭dieselfreak

Zyox wrote:
    I'd say more RAM would help in all cases. I was running it at had a peek at how much it was using (out of my 1gig memory) and it was sitting there very fatly upon 650megs.

Ive 2Gb of ram... and Im getting all of the problems mentioned here.

Heres hoping that it's specific to the Demo, or that they are working on a patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Wavey

Aye, Same problems here.

Also it cant ping servers through Zone Alarm even though i have BF2 added to the programs list in ZA.

It'll ping fine when ZA is turned off.

Can the freezing up in the menu screen be attributed to gfx card?

nah wavey, I'd say its most likely yet another bug

Ive 2Gb of ram... and Im getting all of the problems mentioned here.

Heres hoping that it's specific to the Demo, or that they are working on a patch.

Ah relief :) *cancels that extra gig of ram*
    Haven't actually played much BF2 yet, been sticking with GTA:SA but it looks good. Will prolly give it a shot on the tig server tonight for 30mins or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Same problems here , bring on the xfire or allseeingeye filters :)

Locked up on me at one stage yesterday , and it lasted so long I hit the reset button .

I quit the game but the music kept playing and upon wapping open task manager it was still sitting there chewing on its 650megs of RAM.

Haven't seen that since Windows 98...

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Agent Orange

The Battlefield family of games have the worst menus I have ever come across. Have the designers not played, uh, ANY multiplayer game of the past five years? All have intuitive, clean and well-organised menus. The key assignment menu is a nightmare... how many different menus does it have? Four? Five? God help anyone who's new to multiplayer gaming. These idiots should try some usability testing sometime, or at least fire whoever is in charge of it now.

Shameful.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

The slow-ass menus and key binding problems are bugs with the demo. Dice know about it, and it's fixed for the full game. That's what they said in the dev chat on quakenet yesterday anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

****e demo not really a great way of selling a game with a crap demo its so buggy and laggy i cant have it on hi res but hl2 i can with no lag wtf lets hope the retail will be much improved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

The game itself is playing great for me.....some problems with menu......log out of server using the ESC key and left sitting there alot of the time for anything from 30sec to 2 mins without being able to do anything.....whole system seems to lock itself down.........also this only started yesterday that when I went into connect to a server it would hang while bringing up the server list...20 secs max here thou......I just use the connect to IP button because the in game server search is brutal......

Also another problem is in game....if I get killed(yes every so often it happens).....and I press enter to change from Medic to SF's and click on the spawn and hit enter......when it gets back to the spawn time I have to back in and reselect my spawn point because for some reason it deselects it and if I dont just sits there asking me to select spawn point.......anyone notice this?????

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

some servers ping ok through ZA for me, others are 0, was sick of the slow refresh on the servers and even the scrolling through them locks it up for a 5-10 secs, switched off ZA and no probs at all, thank f**k

Advertisement