Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stop Buying iPods!

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

:D:D
    Cremo wrote:
    for god sake like it's going to be in your pocket/bag etc. who gives a **** what it looks like.

did you tell that to your last girlfriend or is it still considered a chat up line? :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I'm just gonna wait till I upgrade, Nokia are bringing out a Phone, qith a 2 Mega Pixel Camera, video for 10 minutes and a 3000 song capacity mp3 player, with external control....

At least it'll save me carrying around lots of gadgets.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

Hobbes wrote:
    Not sure about the gmini but I Got an IPAQ 3715 with 1GB SD card. Currently it can.
    - Play music
    - Remote control.
    - Surf the web/mail at home (wifi)
    - Play games
    - Take pictures (1.2MP)
    - record video.
    - play movies.
    - stream media from your PC
    - Stream audio/video from the net and play it.

I also got a GPS and have it as a routefinder. As well as a few other things. Only slightly more expensive then the gmini.

This is a good idea with the one huge flaw being that the memory is so small. The point of new MP3 players seems to be you have your whole collection or a large portion with you all the time. You can also get daily web pages loaded onto it too which I love. Kind of makes the PDA phones the best overall device.

The player suggested at the start is OK for limited music types (but better than the ipod) but the screen is tiny and not very good either. You would never watch anything on it and you can't really make out pictures. Guy in work has one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Victor wrote:
    I don't care what you buy, but please read the manual before you ask "How do I put my CDs in my iPod"-type questions.

and while we are wishing for things i hope people stop asking questions like "whats the differance between an ipod and an Mp3 player". i know not everyone is technically literate and all, but sweet jebus it's like asking whats the difference between a Ford and a car....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Most MP3 players are missing one feature or another. I think I really want a convergence device, MP3/Camera/PDA/Phone and all the size of a shuffle.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Wertz wrote:
    So why does it have to be an iPod? Is there some reason why you can't just connect any other make of hdd player to it? Line-in sockets aren't usually that fussy...
    Because the IP Bus is designed for an Ipod, I don't want one of those cheap ass line in jobs. I want to be able to fully access my songs from my stereo as well as having the track details on the display.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

FX Meister wrote:
    Because the IP Bus is designed for an Ipod, I don't want one of those cheap ass line in jobs. I want to be able to fully access my songs from my stereo as well as having the track details on the display.

Ah.

The Sony suggested above has a similarly compliant in-car unit, though I'm not sure if it's been released here yet.

Sorely tempted to go for the NW-HD5h myself...until I saw the Toshiba Gigabeat 40gb for the same price, with a colour screen and no DRM bullsh*t. Decisions, decisions...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Sarn

Most MP3 players are missing one feature or another. I think I really want a convergence device, MP3/Camera/PDA/Phone and all the size of a shuffle.

I agree entirely, there's the nokia 6230i, the SE k750i (have one) or the upcoming nokia n91 or SE W800. As I'm not a heavy music user the option to switch between the radio and my own music, plus taking decent photos without carrying multiple devices is ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭donalin

i bought a second hand first generation 5gb ipod in 03' I win! :p

Advertisement