Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geography answers length?

Options
  • 12-06-2005 6:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭

Is three pages enough for each question (not individual question)? How much are you planning on writing for each question?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

Binomate wrote:
    Is three pages enough for each question (not individual question)? How much are you planning on writing for each question?

ur asking the age old question that nobody can put their finger on.

it depends on quality. WIth A quality you could get away with 3 pages maybe a little less for physical plus ur diagrams (keep them together!!!) so yea 3 pages including diagrams. oh yea then the part B usually a good 3/4 page.

Regional - i would give it 4.

Map - can't remember prob 3 1/2???

Photo - same.

Depends on what u can write in the given time.

I start with regional then physical then map then photo. WIll be absolutely destroyed if italy doesn't come up. If rivers does i could wing a D1 in physical. ****ed in no uncertain terms for the part b of that aswel. I'm disappointed in myself that i never bothered learning more countries and physical stuff. I put role of the sea on the long finger for a good 3 months and now its too late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

I plan to put in the facts and then add waffle to it all. Then I'll have quality and quantity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

my feild work is 5 pages and my best question so im gunna start with that and rush through it .then reiginal for 50 min this is probally my worst question so im just gunna stick at it for the 50 min please god let italy come up. then mapwork which i only leared how to do today whoops. then rivers if they come up which is unlikely so ive been told if not the photo question which is normally only about 2 a4 for me. so id say about 12-14 pages in total but then again im no good at geography

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Rredwell

Binomate wrote:
    I plan to put in the facts and then add waffle to it all. Then I'll have quality and quantity.

A bit of an oxymoron there! The extra quantity will dilute the quality!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

i wrote 17 pages of what any geography teacher on my school would consider "quality" in my mocks, my hand was falling off, and the lovely mock examiners only gave me a b3. handed it up to a teacher in the institute and he gave me a2, reckoned it to be quality too. that was the mock paper with the feasibilty of a port in balbriggan/skerries q

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Droogie

I had the same mock paper and the bas*ards gave me a B3 as well!!! :p

Advertisement