Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Listowel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭amadain

Your house and your garden etc, whatever is with in the boundaries on your deeds is your property. You own this area. Your own private property......

CHECK YOUR 'TITLE DEEDS' ffs

...you will find that the railway line IS NOT on anyones deeds !

• Registered Users Posts: 24,072 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Your house and your garden etc, what ever is whichin the boundaries on your deeds is your property. You own this area. Your own private property

Same way whatever is within the boundaries on a farmers or a business' deeds is that person's property.

If I came and walking in your back garden and walked around it and did whatever I want without you permisson, you would be a bit teck off. So same rule apply with regards to farmers and their property.

A farm is not only a person's business but also their home.

I think you're stating the obvious here, and what's the obvious got to do with the old railway line?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭UpTheAshes

Near where I live in Westchester Co, NY, USA, there is a disused railway line. Local authorities were granted the use of it by the railway company and have tarred about a twenty mile stretch of it. People can use it to walk, cycle, walk their dogs etc for no charge. It is a great amenity and I think the Listowel-Abbeyfeale railway line would also be a great public amenity.
    By the way, I visited a stretch of the Listowel railway line around Kilmorna last June. It was overgrown and difficult to walk along it. There wasn't much evidence of anyone making productive use of it for farming at that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I think you're stating the obvious here, and what's the obvious got to do with the old railway line?:confused:

Its pretty clear that your previous post is being referred to which questioned the private ownership of rural land in general, and not the state owned rail line.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭J.R.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 60 ✭✭Kerry County Council

Kerry County Council has started the process of drawing up a new Local Area Plan for the Listowel/Ballybunion Functional area and are inviting submissions and observations from the public.

The purpose of this plan is to provide a comprehensive local planning framework for the development of the combined Listowel/Ballybunion Functional Area. The boundaries of the plan area are shown on the map.
    When taken in conjunction with the Regional Planning Guidelines and the County Development Plan 2009-2015 it will complete the planning framework for the North Kerry area.

The areas covered by the Plan include:
    • Ballybunion
    • Ballyduff
    • Ballylongford
    • Duagh
    • Moyvane
    • Tarbert
    • Asdee
    • Finuge
    • Knockanure
    • Lisselton

A draft of the plan is currently on public display and available online at http://www.kerrycoco.ie/en/allservices/planning/localareaplans/localareaplans/draftlistowelballybunionfunctionalareaslap/

An open day will take place on Thursday 21st March, 1pm-8pm in the Council Chambers in Listowel Town Council where staff from the Planning Department will be on hand to answer queries.

Observations and submissions are invited from the public before 4pm on Thursday, April 4th 2013.

Submissions should be made in writing to: Noelle O’Connor, Planning Policy Unit, Planning Department, Kerry County Council, Áras an Chontae, Tralee and clearly marked
    'Submission on – Draft Listowel/Ballybunion Functional Area Local Area Plan'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Hi all,

I see in the newspaper Listowel community college has an animal care course, just wondering if anyone has done this course? or is it new? Am thinking of doing this...

Also what is the college like...is it right in Listowel town?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Hi all,

I see in the newspaper Listowel community college has an animal care course, just wondering if anyone has done this course? or is it new? Am thinking of doing this...

Also what is the college like...is it right in Listowel town?
    Don't know anything about the course.

But its a great college, its across the road from the emmets pitch and the old graveyard in the town on the limerick road.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Lovely writer

Church newsletter.

I am sorry that I was not able to put up the newsletter last week.

I had serious computer problems which, hopefully, are now fixed.

(If the Pope can retire then I can have one week off)

The Listowel Urban Council is proposing to have designated taxi ranks in a number of locations in the town.

Rather than having a number of locations, would it not be better to have one central location.

In that case when a taxi driver was available, or a person looking for a taxi, would only have to go to one place.

• Advertisement

The Listowel Urban Council is proposing to have designated taxi ranks in a number of locations in the town.

Rather than having a number of locations, would it not be better to have one central location.

In that case when a taxi driver was available, or a person looking for a taxi, would only have to go to one place.
    Outside Christys would probably be the best place, close to the bus stop and lots of parking!

Church newsletter

Church newsletter

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Lovely parade in Listowel today, great to see the crowds and weather for it :)

Church Newsletter

Holy Week

• Registered Users Posts: 4 perrylane

John B's Pub Holy Thursday night - the video below is a quick advert for the evening !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l161OgS_SUs

Good to see Chutes old bar being gutted. It was a real eye sore.

Anyone know what's going in there?

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

Good to see Chutes old bar being gutted. It was a real eye sore.

Anyone know what's going in there?

Furniture Store apparently.

• Advertisement

Church Newsletter

Church Newsletter

Church Newsletter

church newsletter

Church Newsletter

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭mikehn

[IMG][/img]102_6235.jpg
    102_6232.jpg
    102_6236.jpg
    102_6237.jpg
    102_6238.jpg[IMG][/img]102_6266.jpg
    102_6256.jpg

Action from the square last weekend, congratulations to the organising commitee for raising the show to a new level from last year.

Church Newsletter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭Radio5

Best/safest places to park during Writers Week ? I'm attending a workshop in the Community College on Thurs/Fri and Sat mornings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 brownja

Hello,
    Just getting my first boards.ie post out of the way.

I'm from the states but spent a lot of time in Listowel as a kid and get back for a quick visit every few years.

My Aunt and Uncle owned Finucane's on Upper William St. and my cousin Gill has a shoe-shop down near the square.
    Great town. Always a highlight of trip back.

Cheers,
    John

• Advertisement

Radio5 wrote: »
    Best/safest places to park during Writers Week ? I'm attending a workshop in the Community College on Thurs/Fri and Sat mornings.

There's parking in the community college or across the road from there in the emmets pitch!

Advertisement