Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how long after getting lip pierced

Options
  • 12-06-2005 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭

Ok i got my lip pierced on thursday and it looks really good, my lip swole up a bit but that was to be expected i just have a few questions to anyone who has had there lip pierced.

Ok first up is how long does it take before you can like eat and drink without feeling pain every time that the ring is hit by a piece of food or the glass as it killm me every time this happens,another thing is that when ever i drink something sometimes the liquid escapes out the piercing and this is with the piercing in.

another question is how long before it stops with the lingering slight pain, i mean i dont mind it much but its pretty annoying.

another question is how long before i can kiss someone, ect. normally? i was told 6 weeks but thatl drive me crazy.

and last question is, is there any easy way to get a ring piercing out without going back to a piercing parlor

if it helps i have a ring piercing with a ball in the middle of my lip.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

Patricide wrote:

and last question is, is there any easy way to get a ring piercing out without going back to a piercing parlor

if it helps i have a ring piercing with a ball in the middle of my lip.
    pliers...
    or just go back and get them to change it,they can be veeery tight and awkward sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

pliers?how ya get it out with pliers(yes im slow and i dont care neither)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Get yourself a nail scissors and some elastoplast.
    wrap elastoplast around each blade so that they are covered then insert this into the ring and use it just like a piercer uses the pliers that they use, using the outside of the blades to open the ring when you open the scissors, is that understandable, sorry if not.
    I hope you get the idea, the plaster is just to give some grip. If you need any clarification just ask again and I'll try to explain it better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

Failing that, just go into any parlor you happen to be passing and, assuming they're not extremely busy, they'll more than likely be happy to just nip it open for you :P

I've done this several times by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,916 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

thanks, can anyone tell me if its essential that you wait 6 weeks before any sexual contact, i mean i could live that long without doing some things but to even stop kissin ma girl for 6 weeks is gonna drive me insane, anyone know if its 100% essential?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Kissing will manipulate the piercing and it won't heal as quickly or as easily, so you're better off leaving it if at all possible. I don't imagine a little would do too much harm, as long as oyu don't pick up anything form her mouth. The rings can be tight but generally it's handy enough to deal with it oyurself. It takes a bit of practice, and you have to learn how to be very firm but very delicate at the same time, but oyu get the hang of it quite quickly.

shoulda gotten a stud done first dude, eating with a ring can be annoying for a while especially if you have the oversized one on first,ive gotten used to eating everything now really exept pizza which i still cant eat really but when i get the smaller lip ring i guess itl be easyer.I was told to clean the outside of it twice a day and to use the mouthwash everry time i ate drank os smoke though so if your only doing that twice a day i dunno.ask the dudes in the piercing parlor im sure theyd know.

• Advertisement

the hardst thing ive eaten so far was kfc(dont have them down in ****hole kerry so i ate it all anyway no matter how painfull) and pizza hut(cut the pizza slice up with a knife and fork)What they did for me anyways up in metal morphisis is they gave me an oversized ring so when my lip swole up it wouldnt cut into my lip and then they tolf me to come back in 4 weeks to put on a smaller ring, i mean it dont look massive or anything just slightly too large.ya wouldnt really notice it being too big even.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

I have mine done almost 3 weeks, but don't have a ring. It took about a week to get used to eating with it in and now I don't notice it when eating.

Advertisement